Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie to the forum
Newbie to the forum
Hello to all
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie to the forum
Hello nhrata, WELCOME! to the forum.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-13-2012, 07:51 PM)nhrata Wrote: Hello to all

Well, hello to you too, nhrata! Welcome to Apnea Board.

What brings you here? Just browsing? Need a question answered? Just felt like saying "howdy"?

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I'm a long time cpap user but new to auto vpap .
I do have a few questions . I keep running out of water
where do you guys start humidity and temp wise
Post Reply Post Reply
It varies from location to location and user to user.

You should be dumping out that water every morning and starting new each morning.

If you are running out at night despite that, turn the humidifier down a few notches. I have mine currently set on 4 and I can go about 3 nights before it runs dry (when I'm an idiot and forget to change the water).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2012, 01:39 PM)nhrata Wrote: Thanks. I'm a long time cpap user but new to auto vpap .
I do have a few questions . I keep running out of water
where do you guys start humidity and temp wise
How is the leak ... Usually mask leak and mouth leak can use more water
Your high set pressure can use more water as well
Chinstrap can help minimize mouth leak
Humidity is something personal preference, some need more than others and some don,t use at all.
If leak s under control and you need higher ... Keep a small bottle of water so you can top up during the night.
Climate Control on auto protects against rainout
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello nhrata, WELCOME! to the forum.
we are so glad you joined us
Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Nhrata and Welcome
We are usually pretty dry on the west coast. This year we have some unwelcome humidity, but I find that my machine set on "2" for humidity seems to work just fine for me. That is not to say that there are not times I don't wake up with a dry mouth and throat, because it happens sometimes. But I figure that those are probably time I am leaking a small amount of air out of my mouth. My leak is never that high, but even a small mouth leak can lead to a parched throat!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
I was looking at my leakage it was 70L/min range what is a target
my AHI for last night was .4
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2012, 08:26 PM)nhrata Wrote: I was looking at my leakage it was 70L/min range what is a target
my AHI for last night was .4
The average leak is the leak been AT and BELOW for 95% of the time and higher for 5% of the time
It doesn't tell us how long stayed at 70 just that it got to 70 at some point. It could be just for short time while adjusting the mask or longer
You need to look at the ResScan software (which is recommended and available to download from here) leak graph to see whats going on.
ResMed define large leak ABOVE 24 L/min, anything above can affect the accuracy of the data and sleep quality.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 372 11 hours ago
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 478 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 265 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.