Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie, trying to start with Sleepyhead
RE: Newbie, trying to start with Sleepyhead
That's the Idea, but you have zoomed in real tight.  Click on the ->| button by the calendar to zoom all the way out, then F12 for a screenshot.

Your numbers are looking good, 

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Bonjour! Is this better?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi booksfan,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy, and also with finding a mask that you like. You might have to try quite a few to see which one will work for you so, don't be shy about asking to try different ones.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job posting your screen shot and organizing it properly. Banana Banana Banana I will let someone else help with interpretation.

Since the headgear for the For Her P10 fit you OK, is it possible to use a larger size pillow with it. The pillow should fit mostly outside of the nose. If it doesn't, the pillow is too small. Do you have larger pillows for it? If not, will the standard P10 pillows fit the For Her model?
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The standard P10 pillows fit the for Her model.

Some people experiment with specially cut out pillows if they sleep on their sides or back. Others have tried buckwheat. You could also try sleeping partially on your side, with your face propped against pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I tried the ResMed N20 nasal mask last night. Disaster! I stuck it out for almost 4 hours, but was absolutely miserable. It was fine as long I was reading on my back. And the nasal mask portion itself was comfortable. But the headgear was like a hard cage sticking out around my face when I tried to lie on my side. I finally gave up and switched to the Nuance Pro I have as back up. Problem is, with the Nuance Pro I still wake up about a half dozen times (at least) per night. Also, I tend to swallow a lot of air, leading to stomach discomfort/bloating and burping and (really weird) my teeth hurt. I must clench particularly hard to keep my mouth closed. Both those "symptoms" had gotten much better with the soft cloth mask.

Eileen

[Image: sYKr9wGl.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi booksfan,
It sounds like the P10 for her would be your best bet.  The problem is that your pillow size is too small.  The pillow should not be inserted into the nostril, but just sit under the nose, with the tip of pillow slightly in.  When the air is turned on, it will make a seal.  Try one size larger pillow, and see if that helps.

Your AHI isn't bad at all, but there is room for improvement.  Your minimum pressure is a bit low.  Your have a 95% pressure reading of almost 13 (this is the pressure you were at, and lower for 95% of the time.)  

Your pressure should be set closer to the 95% number, or at the least 2 to 3cm below that number.  Move it from 6 to 10 for optimal treatment.  I would do this slowly, maybe in .5 to 1cm increments until you are used to it.

Once you find the right mask that works for you, it should be a lot easier.  One more thing, if you are swallowing air, then you are mouth breathing. Some of us here use a "soft" cervical collar which helps. This keeps the jaw/mouth from dropping open. The collar should be worn loose enough that you can insert two to three fingers under it, and should not be too tall that you feel strangled. Smile It's inexpensive and worth a try to stop mouth breathing.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered another P10 (I had returned it since it didn't work). My husband, who also uses a CPAP loves his P10 and has been encouraging me to try it again as he says it is the best mask ever!

I looked was looking at the N20 and thought that since I wasn't able to use it as it is, maybe if I tried to soften and bend the hard part near the nose so it conformed to my face, maybe it would work better. It softened up considerably and I think I will try it again tonight to see if it's better.

I am determined to make this work--I look forward to sleeping for even 6 hours! Smile

Eileen
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:One more thing, if you are swallowing air, then you are mouth breathing.

Not true in my case. Lots of aerophagia (initially), no mouth breathing. With Swift FX, there is still aerophagia, and still no mouth breathing.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2018, 05:18 PM)kiwii Wrote:
Quote:One more thing, if you are swallowing air, then you are mouth breathing.

Not true in my case. Lots of aerophagia (initially), no mouth breathing. With Swift FX, there is still aerophagia, and still no mouth breathing.

I also suffered from Aerophagia and Gerd early in my treatment. It’s very painful.  There may be other reasons for experiencing this.

From the Wikipedia:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...ffB4UW7jqU
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 113 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 191 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 174 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 501 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 193 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 285 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 265 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.