Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie - what can you guys tell me?
Newbie - what can you guys tell me?
My DreamStation Go says I have 100% mask fit but my leaks look out of control. My mask is on as tight as possible!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newbie - what can you guys tell me?
You have almost no excess leaks. Your seeing the vent leaks which are suppose to be there. Check the line below that and that's your excess leaks. You could use a boost on your pressure though. I'd set the minimum to 11cm.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome! Thanks for that. I think I will.
Post Reply Post Reply
dzadecta,
Your leak rate is fine, but your pressure settings are not optimal.  

Keep in mind that Respironics machines react slower to Apnea events, so an optimal pressure should be set closer to your median or just under the 95% reading.  

As Walla Walla states, move minimum to 11cm, but
I suspect you will need to be a little higher. I would leave at that pressure for a few days before making more changes.

To keep the pressure from responding to snores and FL, lower the max pressure to 16. Once your minimum pressure is set a bit higher, you should see less snores and a lower AHI.

Also, your profile states you are using a DreamStation Go, which is a travel machine. Please change that to DreamStation Auto Cpap.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have no excessive leak problem and I suspect from your description that your mask is on too tight.  Please read the Mask Primer.

You do have an issue with snores driving your pressure up, BUT your numbers say that you are treated per common medical standards (AHI < 5).  I use this mark (<5 AHI) to initiate a conservative approach to pressure changes.  Normally I suggest a Max change of .5 cmw and monitor for several days, but since you had been on a CPAP of 9 cmw I'll suggest a change to 7 cmw and wait a few days and see now you respond.  We may very well get up to Walla Walla's 11 cmw it will just take a bit longer.  

Also, once you are under 5 AHI, therapy needs to really center on how you feel.  Don't chase numbers.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
One other point: the Simplus works better when it is just tight enough that you don't notice leaks on your face / in your eyes.  Yours is probably overly tight now.
Post Reply Post Reply
All Respironics machines graph leaks on two lines. The total leak is the design plus excess leak, and the bottom line is your excess leak. In your case it is so close to the bottom of the graph as to be unnoticeable. Your starting minimum pressure of 8 is not going to work. Your median pressure is 13.6, and that is much closer to your minimum needs. There may be a solid argument in favor of bilevel pressure in your case, because your pressure needs are pretty high. Good start here, but higher minimum pressure is needed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night's data. Received a lot of different minimum pressure advice so decided to keep it the same.

What do you guys think? Still increase?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your minimum pressure is still 3-cm below your actual median. I recommend minimum pressure of 10. This should help reduce events. Note the location of many of your events is when the machine drops pressure below 10, and it does not recover until you have had several H or OAs. Increasing minimum pressure to 10 will probably reduce the maximum pressure you see, because with large pressure swings the machine will over-shoot your needs. The cluster at 00:30 looks positional to me. Those pressure swings are also disruptive to your sleep. Your leaks remain near zero and look very good.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 5 93 03-17-2024, 09:51 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 1 120 03-13-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 439 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 236 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 268 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question [Diagnosis] NEWBIE Looking for first diagnosis assistance Gothenburg85 5 332 02-16-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Gothenburg85
  BiPap Newbie - struggling McMartin 6 362 02-01-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.