Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

VENDOR REVIEW
VENDOR REVIEW
Vendor # 14 [The CPAP Shop] lists an item I purchased as ResMed and shipped an item made by an after-market manufacturer [A G Industries] I posted a review pointing this out on their site giving them one (1) star and The CPAP Shop elected not to publish my review. The only review for the item was from a customer happy to pay more to get an OEM RoseMed item. Little did he realize he got a A G Industries product.
CONCLUSION: Take the reviews on their site with a grain of salt as they are censored. If you are wanting a ResMed OEM item and are using The CPAP Shop, call them to verify it is actually a ResMed product before ordering on-line.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: VENDOR REVIEW
Rosie,
As the title is "Vender Review," may I piggy-back off your thread?

Being very new to this entire CPAP therapy I've been looking online for the consumable parts as my local DME is quite expensive compared to some the pricing I see online (ie: UltraFine Particulate filter is about 2 to 3 times more local than what I see online).

>HOWEVER<
Like you've noted, when I search general sites such as Amazon or several of the sites shown in the Vendor's page I see comments such as yours about product substitutions, or worse yet, only 3 to 5 star posts which is a bit unnerving to me.

So to the point, have other board members experienced the same or similar acts as has occurred to Rosie with #14 or other vendors and/or are there vendors out there that one should, in personal opinions, out-right avoid?

Of Course this my second or third post here... so if out of line moderators please feel free to modify/delete Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
What was their response when you spoke with them prior to posting feedback? Did they make any effort to offer a refund or exchange?

I have had issues with a different supplier selling aftermarket filters, which I will no longer use because of a noted bypass issue. Sent back for refund - took time - but I eventually did get my money back.

I have found it better to call before ordering to verify that it is actually original manufacturer filter and not OEM I am getting. I do buy my Respironics filters from them and they are prominently marked as OEM. I assume that if it doesn't specifically state "Factory OEM" or something similar they are not made by the manufacturer and call before ordering.

OMMOHY

Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered several items from vendor #2 including a Hose Buddy. They substituted another (cheaper) product. It didn't have a mask hook, didn't swivel, and was made from plastic instead of metal. I sent an email pointing out the substitution (invoice was still for Hose Buddy) and the feature differences. They were quick to apologize and send out a Hose Buddy. It was out of stock at the time of the original order.
Post Reply Post Reply
ordered a Hose Buddy from #1 on the list. Had a good experience with them. I would order from them again.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2015, 01:09 PM)ROSIE Wrote: Vendor # 14 [The CPAP Shop] lists an item I purchased as ResMed and shipped an item made by an after-market manufacturer [A G Industries] I posted a review pointing this out on their site giving them one (1) star and The CPAP Shop elected not to publish my review. The only review for the item was from a customer happy to pay more to get an OEM RoseMed item. Little did he realize he got a A G Industries product.
CONCLUSION: Take the reviews on their site with a grain of salt as they are censored. If you are wanting a ResMed OEM item and are using The CPAP Shop, call them to verify it is actually a ResMed product before ordering on-line.
Hi ROSIE,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I haven't used the particular vendor you mentioned, I'm sorry you have had a bad experience.
I have used Suppliers #1 and #18 on the suppliers list and hav had great experiences with both of them.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Ordered a hose buddy from Amazon, very cheap.

Supplier #18 has sent me off brands for filters. They were a lot thinner than the respironics brand, which is what I ordered. More of a hassal to send back.

Have ordered from Supplier #10 and #26 with no problems. Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2015, 01:37 PM)SleepingDragon Wrote: Rosie,
As the title is "Vender Review," may I piggy-back off your thread?

Being very new to this entire CPAP therapy I've been looking online for the consumable parts as my local DME is quite expensive compared to some the pricing I see online (ie: UltraFine Particulate filter is about 2 to 3 times more local than what I see online).

>HOWEVER<
Like you've noted, when I search general sites such as Amazon or several of the sites shown in the Vendor's page I see comments such as yours about product substitutions, or worse yet, only 3 to 5 star posts which is a bit unnerving to me.

So to the point, have other board members experienced the same or similar acts as has occurred to Rosie with #14 or other vendors and/or are there vendors out there that one should, in personal opinions, out-right avoid?

Of Course this my second or third post here... so if out of line moderators please feel free to modify/delete Smile
Hi SleepingDragon,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I copied your review to the Review Forum. You can find it here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...VIEW--9196
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I've only ordered through supplier #10 with no complaints
I'm not a Doctor but a fan of The Doctor. any views,comments etc are my own

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 114 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 52,633 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 316 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe
  New"ish" CPAP user. OSCAR review tippmann87 12 693 01-19-2024, 03:49 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Airsense 11 Autoset Oscar Data - How to Review goblue2024 1 411 01-09-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 504 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
Question Please Review My Data (Oximeter Info Included) — Still Tired Despite "Good" Treatment avhenry 16 1,933 12-04-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.