Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie with a Raw nose
RE: Newbie with a Raw nose
(01-02-2018, 05:02 PM)Sharnie Wrote: Do you know about how much a mask cost?  Are they expensive?  How do I know if they were with my unit? 

Thank you for the reply!

Sharnie

Most masks run in the $50-$100 range, but for a "backup" that you only use for a short time every now and then, you don't need to replace it monthly.  I'll use the same "backup" mask for 6 months, just clean it well with baby shampoo before putting it away.
I normally use the P10 (pillows), but I keep a Wisp and use it for a week or so if I get irritation.  Every now and then, I'll get a "split" almost like chapped lips on one nostril.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Sharnie,
I use the Respironics DreamWear mask, the original one, this mask sits above your upper lip under your nose, nothing goes into the nostril. When I get stuffed up, like this whole winter so far, I use the F-20 mask that Ajack showed in his post. The F-20 can be expensive but if you look around there is a you tube guy that sells Open Box or slightly used masks. The DreamWaer mask comes as a "Fit Kit" and has different sizes so you can get the best fit. Because the DreamWear does not go into the opening of the nostril it should not cause that type of irritation.
Good luck with your Paping journey.
"Right wrongs nobody" 
Mountain Charlie McKiernan 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much for all the replies. I definitely need to invest in a full mask. In the beginning, I was doing so well and thinking this wouldn't be as bad as I have heard. Now I see the little details that can be bothersome.

Last night, I decided to cover the split in my nose with a band aid and wore my nasal pillow. I was able to tolerate it for the night. I just hate to stop using my CPAP till I get a new mask or it heals. I will get me the F20 for sure for times like these.

Again, thank you all for being patient with me and giving me great replies.

Sharnie
Post Reply Post Reply
Ajack:

I am trying to out right purchase this mask on ebay.  I'm trying to make sure I get everything I need.  On ebay it shows a f20 airfit cushion, do I need just that with the head gear?  It says it fits the AirFit F20 mask.  Do you buy a cushion and a mask separately?  If so, can you get the "mask" on ebay?  The terms are confusing me.

Any help is appreciated.

Sharnie
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-03-2018, 10:37 AM)Sharnie Wrote: Ajack:

I am trying to out right purchase this mask on ebay.  I'm trying to make sure I get everything I need.  On ebay it shows a f20 airfit cushion, do I need just that with the head gear?  It says it fits the AirFit F20 mask.  Do you buy a cushion and a mask separately?  If so, can you get the "mask" on ebay?  The terms are confusing me.

Any help is appreciated.

Sharnie

Go on ebay and search  Resmed Airfit/Airtouch F20/Headgear with clips/New Open Box

It will show the break down of the parts.  The seal is only a part of the complete assembly.
Then the seal comes in silicone (AIR FIT) and memory foam (AIR TOUCH).  Air Touch is more delicate, will tear and requires more frequent replacement. Some believe it seals better.  Be sure to get the proper sizing for whatever you decide on.  F20 is a good choice on the Full Face Mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hybrid Masks more comfortable than over the nose FF mask? sleepingbetterinFl 3 72 38 minutes ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 241 2 hours ago
Last Post: jake79
  Dripping Nose Lesley19 3 119 04-10-2024, 01:50 AM
Last Post: Lesley19
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 113 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Newbie Here Tulipdi 4 191 04-02-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Tulipdi
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 174 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 502 03-27-2024, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.