Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

s9 question
s9 question
Just wanted to know do most people leave the s9 on all day?  Do you turn it completely off or unplug it.  Just wondering what people do and is there any issues with either turning it off or unplugging it.  It seems when I leave it on all day the power brick gets quite hot. Mean anything?
Thanks, great forum!!!!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: s9 question
I don't think most of us disconnect from the power source. Seems a bit unusual that the power converter would get hot during idle operation. Maybe some other S9 users can advise. My Aircurve 10 does not ever have a hot power adapter.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Make sure you have the correct power supply brick. The Autoset requires a different one from the Escape.

Nape has it right. It is a different power supply if you are using the humidifier, not the difference in machines.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Also there's two different power bricks, a 30 watt version for CPAP only and a 90 watt version for using with the H5i humidifier and a ClimateLine hose.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a s9 autoset with 5i humidifier.  Using a 90 watt adapter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it a Resmed brand? There are some 90w no-names being advertised that are half the price of a 30w unit.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think it would run on a non-Resmed power brick due to the power signal required on the center pin. They still fail, and usually with heat.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
If you perform a search on Amazon for a "resmed s9 power supply", the first one that comes up is a TAIFU 3-Pin 90w supply.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
It's hard to imagine how a machine that's not running would draw enough current to make the power brick hot.

I suggest you detach the humidifier from the machine in the morning but leave the power cord plugged in to the machine. Then see if the brick is still warm that evening.
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I do have the Resmed adapter.  I will separate humidifier and see what happens. Thanks all.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,453 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.