Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newbie with questions
RE: Newbie with questions
Hi NotSoSure,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with getting the machine you want.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and much success to you as you start your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to ApneaBoard NotSoSure! Glad you found us!

Hope you can get some satisfaction with your sleep doc. Some docs tend to have the 'god' complex. Sounds like this one is one of those. Maybe with help from what you are learning here you can go back to him armed with specific questions that you can hopefully get answered. I always record the visits with my sleep doc. It's a lot of unfamiliar info you are being subjected to and listening later privately is beneficial. I always hear things I didn't remember him saying while I was there.

Good luck and keep us posted!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2015, 07:50 AM)cate1898 Wrote: Welcome to ApneaBoard NotSoSure! Glad you found us!

Hope you can get some satisfaction with your sleep doc. Some docs tend to have the 'god' complex. Sounds like this one is one of those. Maybe with help from what you are learning here you can go back to him armed with specific questions that you can hopefully get answered. I always record the visits with my sleep doc. It's a lot of unfamiliar info you are being subjected to and listening later privately is beneficial. I always hear things I didn't remember him saying while I was there.

Good luck and keep us posted!

I definitely think he has that complex. I got a form from an online company that allows you to upload your Rx and you can order the machines yourself and the Dr refused to sign the form for me and his assistant practically yelled at me over the phone for even asking and questioning him. Yikes!

Thankfully I already had a copy of my sleep study and was easily able to take it to my PCP who signed it no problem and I ordered the AirSense 10 Autoset with HumidAir and ClimateLineAir Tub and ResMed's lightweight AirFit™ P10 For Her nasal pillows mask.

Thank you for all of your advice and reassurance. It was much easier to stand up for myself knowing that other people agreed with me Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2015, 02:02 PM)NotSoSure Wrote: See I asked about an auto titrating CPAP and he in a hurry said it wasn't possible and would only be done if I didn't tolerate the CPAP. I can't imagine why?

Take my advice... under no circumstances should you tolerate the CPAP. :-)

Different places have rules on prescribing autoset machines, and different reasons that a patient would qualify for one. And the doctors themselves have biases. And some just don't know the difference.

He's given you the solution - don't tolerate CPAP. Complain about it, tell him the pressure is uncomfortable, tell him you can't sleep with it blowing all the time, etc. I honestly believe that no OSA sufferer should be handed a fixed CPAP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2015, 12:52 PM)NotSoSure Wrote: Thankfully I already had a copy of my sleep study and was easily able to take it to my PCP who signed it no problem and I ordered the AirSense 10 Autoset with HumidAir and ClimateLineAir Tub and ResMed's lightweight AirFit™ P10 For Her nasal pillows mask.

Thank you for all of your advice and reassurance. It was much easier to stand up for myself knowing that other people agreed with me Smile

That was easy!

[Image: K5g3GuzDZFSNqQnZ_tLo9tMPc3fDuWHfY_eiYIIH...tVSm8=w300]

Way to go for not tolerating being screwed by the system.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2015, 01:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(12-03-2015, 12:52 PM)NotSoSure Wrote: Thankfully I already had a copy of my sleep study and was easily able to take it to my PCP who signed it no problem and I ordered the AirSense 10 Autoset with HumidAir and ClimateLineAir Tub and ResMed's lightweight AirFit™ P10 For Her nasal pillows mask.

That was easy!

Way to go for not tolerating being screwed by the system.

Right!? I try not to be a pain in the butt patient who thinks she knows better but I really think this guy is such a jerk who just wants $$$ and am happy to have gone around him and still be getting the treatment I need and also be compliant so I can have my surgery in early January.

Now I'm off to figure out the software end of things so I can generate reports!
Post Reply Post Reply
You saved yourself at least two months of being jerked around and probably a lot of unnecessary expense for additional studies, follow-ups and then dealing with the local DME. You might have had treatment by March. It makes me feel good when something works out like this. Wouldn't it be a shame if word got back to the sleep doc you won't be paying his boat payment.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2015, 01:20 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You saved yourself at least two months of being jerked around and probably a lot of unnecessary expense for additional studies, follow-ups and then dealing with the local DME. You might have had treatment by March. It makes me feel good when something works out like this. Wouldn't it be a shame if word got back to the sleep doc you won't be paying his boat payment.

Seriously! I'm so grateful to have figured it out on this end and moved things along. It shocks me sometimes how little voice it feels like we have as patients and we're just supposed to move along like little robots tossing money at them. Well this robot now has her own robot breathing machine and the sleep doc can stick his where the sun don't shine. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 154 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 382 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 130 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 190 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 270 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 203 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 480 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.