Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newby question
Newby question
I recently purchased the Wellvue O2 ring for my husband. He has been having trouble sleeping at night. He is 6 feet tall and weighs 175 pounds. This is last night reading, can anyone please tell me if this is good or bad? Thank you in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newby question
His O2 levels are fine - a couple dips that came right back up.  I don't see any problems at all.  But that does not tell youanything about Apnea if that was a concern.  88% that stays for a while (minutes) is where they start being concerned.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the response. Last night was Worse. He had 3 instances where his O2 dropped to 87...just worried. Everything I have read says that if it drops below 90 it can cause organ damage- new, I do have a call in to his doctor.
Post Reply Post Reply
The number of times his SpO2 falls below 90% and the duration of those events is important. The problem with an oximeter is it can be a signal dropout or a real apnea. I'm seeing about 14 potential events in 7.5 hours, so events are under 2/hour, and we don't see much pulse-rate response to the brief events. Unless there are other symptoms or complications probably nothing to worry about. He is normal weight and likely active. Insomnia can have many causes, but this does not look like serious obstructive sleep disordered breathing. You certainly can't rely heavily on the graph from an oximeter as a diagnostic tool, so take my interpretation for what it's worth.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ditto the others, there's a few small dips. Sure keep an eye on this if it helps you feel better for it. I track my oxygen percentage with a basic pulse oximeter until I get a wrist style recording version in a week or so. Mine dips into the mid 80%s sometimes during my heart PVC/premature ventricular contractions fits and/or COPD crankiness. If you're really concerned, discuss it with your doc. But what I'm seeing isn't bad.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Newby trying to understand what i am seeing WoodyV12 18 990 02-24-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Macka
  [CPAP] Newby not sure if CPAP is the right machine for me tcinoz 24 1,291 02-13-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: tcinoz
  Hi all-newby here. which Oscar views to share? Remmy 3 691 11-09-2020, 12:53 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Newby trying to pick DME. Emil Faber 8 1,793 08-16-2018, 01:38 PM
Last Post: Emil Faber
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,423 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Relative Newby. Need Help w/ Sleepyhead Results Violetskyye 11 2,871 10-02-2016, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Violetskyye
  Newby - Fisher and Paykel Novo Sarahfoua 3 1,886 09-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Last Post: cate1898

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.