Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Broken humidifier? How to test?
Broken humidifier? How to test?
I have my humidifier set on 5. Usually that gives me 2 nights until it empties. However the last 2 nights the tank seems fairly full. I Cant quite tell if its completely full or just more full than usual. I don't know how I would QA this - any thoughts/reccos?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Broken humidifier? How to test?
you see humidity increasing everyday in the clouds forming. I'm just saying that the ambient humidity is higher thus your humidifier doesn't have to work as hard. I see the same thing with mine, though not to that extent. Mine is set on Auto.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2021, 08:40 AM)Gideon Wrote: you see humidity increasing everyday in the clouds forming.  I'm just saying that the ambient humidity is higher thus your humidifier doesn't have to work as hard.  I see the same thing with mine, though not to that extent.  Mine is set on Auto.

Well that would depend on your global location Smile

I hope that is the issue! ill keep an eye on it
Post Reply Post Reply
Ambient humidity is increasing as we head into spring/summer. My guess is it is still working.

If you want to test then pull humidifier out after using CPAP all night, the bottom of it is usually warm directly after use.

You could also try bumping it up to 8 or down to 1 and see if changes are noticeable.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 2 83 Yesterday, 04:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 130 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  Self-administered sleep test? BlueSky1958 6 209 02-29-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 878 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 759 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Home Sleep apnea test xaid 5 865 02-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: BDayton
  Taking a sleep test while on CPAP? hydra 4 353 02-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: MikeR20

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.