Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newish to AirCurve10 ASV, still struggling.
RE: Newish to AirCurve10 ASV, still struggling.
Thank you, I have one last question and hopefully this is it for now, but after a night of use, when I remove my humidifier tray and empty it, the air is just blowing out the machine, versus into the humidifier and out the hoses and mask. 

Is it best to empty the tray then re insert it back into the machine or just let the machine vent out the side and leave the tray open. (Bad to leave tray open thru out day?). Sorry for all the particular questions, just a little OCD. Ive worked in manufacturing and as a machinist and am possibly a little overzealous on the idea of contamination.  Thank you much Dave, you’ve been a tremendous help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Resmed machines run a cool-down cycle for about 20 minutes that serves to dry the tube and cool the humidifier. If you remove the humidifier immediately on discontinuing therapy, you may feel the air movement, but it is at a relatively low flow rate. It may be best to empty the tank and wipe it dry with a clean cloth, then put it back in the machine and let the cool-down cycle complete. It really isn't going to damage the machine either way. Disconnecting power turns off the cool-down cycle and is okay to do.

I thought I'd suggest the Resmed Airfit P10 Nasal Pillows mask. It is very minimal and can be very helpful in clearing congestion. It is a very easy mask to seal to your nose and avoid leaks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't worry about the inside of my machine at all. If anything I am too relaxed as I only remove/empty my humidifier once a week. I just top up the humidifier and clean my mask each night then once a week clean the humidifier tank and hose. I always use distilled water which helps keep things clean though.

Leaving the humidifier in doesn't trap moisture as you are worried. The area inside the blower is small and open directly to atmosphere via the air filter/inlet. That and the hose outlet leave things open at both ends and the machine runs for 10-15 minutes when cooling down to help dry everything out.

Especially if the humidifier tank is emptied/cleaned regularly you have nothing to worry about imo.
Post Reply Post Reply
I personally have found the AirTouch F20 to have the most comfortable and malleable mask cushion. However its strap layout could be problematic, making it difficult for you to get the best strap tightness and fit.  

You might consider looking at adding a AirFit F20/F30 Anti-Leak Strap.  It has a hole that the hose connection goes thru and connects at the back of the head giving a more direct application of mask pressure to your mouth and nose, rather than the mask's straps at its 4 corners.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using the AirCurve 10 ASV for about a month and a half using the new style Resmed P10 nasal pillow mask. The new style mask is adjustable and can be tightened and loosened as required. This is working perfectly for me. The old style P10 was not adjustable and I was experiencing excessive leak rates. The new mask made all the difference for me. I also stopped using the comfort features, no heated hose or humidifier. This is also working for me.
Pat Anderson
Happily retired in Birch Bay, WA
Blog: http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 1 74 1 hour ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Struggling with pressure etc ubuntootoo 9 271 03-22-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross [Diagnosis] Moved from APAP to BPAP and struggling Spicykielbasa 1 223 03-10-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Spicykielbasa
  New user struggling with treatment bsroberts 0 197 03-04-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: bsroberts
  [Treatment] Struggling to reduce Clear Airway events codebread 6 908 02-23-2024, 09:15 PM
Smile [CPAP] Hello, newish user trying to get settings dialed in. RustyOs 0 245 02-11-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: RustyOs
  BiPap Newbie - struggling McMartin 6 369 02-01-2024, 10:37 AM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.