Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly Diagnosed
Newly Diagnosed
New here, from upstate NY. Thank you for the board. Looks like there is a lot of good information here.

Still waiting for my titration study. I'm on oxygen at night until then. Waiting for the night I can actually sleep.

Sharon
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newly Diagnosed
Welcome butterflyksses (Sharon) and good luck with it, some people get a sudden boost of energy the day after their titration and after the first few days of using CPAP, hope you get that feeling straight away, I think it's from the fact that we can now breathe properly at night, something most of us haven't been able to do for a long time. My first peice of advice is go into this with a positive attitude and you will go a long way, good luck and keep us updated Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the hosehead farm. It's really not all bad. I've been on CPAP for getting close to, well, a lot of years now. Finding a mask that you like, and that likes you is the key to get hosehead sleep.

There are a few pluses - really~!

My dream machine makes a great 'white-noise' generator.
Some people use their machine for 'aroma therapy'.

Some folks turn the whole thing into a hobby (like those hyper-milers in their Priuses) and track everything and try to get super low numbers.

A few people see amazing results the first night, but usually most people take 1-6 months to slowly notice improvement.

The heart damage caused by my OSA took a bit over ten years to heal, but I noticed a BIG change first day. I never used to dream, now I do.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi butterflyksses,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you as you start your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Glad you found us.

This board will offer you a wealth of information and a million butterfly kisses of compassion.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You both.

I'm on oxygen right now at night, but don't notice much difference. I have issues with allergies, so tend to be breathing through my mouth part way through the night.
I'm hoping the authorization for the study doesn't take as long as the first one did. My original visit was before Thanksgiving. My study was 3/6.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another benefit I have found is that, since I _always_ wear my mask while sleeping, my subconscious has been trained so that when I put the mask on, it's sleep time. I often watch TV or do Sudoku puzzles in bed, but once that mask goes on, within minutes I'm out like a light.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome to the forum from a fellow upstate New Yorker. I have been on CPAP only a few months and can assure you the knowledge and support of this forum has been the basis of my success with therapy. If you read and study as much as possible, you can be armend with all the right queries and demands (yes demands) when you engage the health care professionals. It has been my experience that you have to watch out for yourself and to do so you need knowledge. I wish you well and look forward to hearing your questions and reports.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You everyone for the Welcome!
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi butterflyksses . Welcome to the forum . Welcome

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 21 303 15 minutes ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 53 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 381 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 478 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Hi I'm new here - just diagnosed waterboyOz 32 1,804 12-11-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First-time CPAP Machine Advice (Newly Diagnosed OSA) Franko39 2 408 11-15-2023, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Franko39

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.