Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and Need Guidance with reports
Newly Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and Need Guidance with reports
I am 25 Male. I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea one month back with AHI 14. I have attached my report from home sleep study. My first question is that I was unable to sleep from 12 am to roughly 4:30 am during my sleep test and it ended at 8 am. Does that mean the AHI I was diagnosed with is a lot less than I actually has? One thing in reports is that my CAI is 1.2 does it mean I also have central Apnea? I got my Resmed Airsense 10 APAP [Pressure Prescribed 5-20] on 15 December and It took me almost a month and 8 days to actually sleep with it for the first time. I recorded my activity in SD card to view it using SleepyHead. I have attached the screenshots of my usage today. There is only one OSA and all I am seeing are CA. Can some one guide me what should I do? Thanks in Advance.
[attachment=4226][attachment=4227][attachment=4228][attachment=4229][attachment=4230]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newly Diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and Need Guidance with reports
The numbers are counted when you are asleep and have an o2 desaturation. They ignore anything while you are awake.
Likewise any time you were awake with the sleepyhead chart, you ignore it

You are doing well with the leaks and keeping your mask on. it does take time to adjust to cpap.

If they are pressure induced CA, it can take up to 12 weeks to resolve for most people.
Tomorrow you will get better advice. I would raise the min to 6 and then review, I'd even be tempted to try min 7 and see if some of those CA are actually H. I'd keep the EPR off, till things settle down more.
@forum, Is it just me, or does the last 2 charts look obstructive with a recovery breath?
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
ajack, I think your right! It sure looks like obstructive to me. I'd bump the minimum to 7cm and see if some of that clears up.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
ajack Wrote:The numbers are counted when you are asleep and have an o2 desaturation. They ignore anything while you are awake.

The test was done at home using an ApneaLink Air. It has no EEG channel - how does it know when you're asleep?
Post Reply Post Reply
The most important advise given so far is to turn off EPR or set it to no more than 1.0. Minimum pressure to 6 or 7 should smooth things out a lot. Note that your exhale pressure never moves from 4.0 cm due to the use of EPR and your low pressure requirement. Also, your centrals are likely just part of adapting to CPAP and should mostly disappear when you reduce EPR.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi salmanbukhari512,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and getting it fine-
tuned.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2018, 09:39 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
ajack Wrote:The numbers are counted when you are asleep and have an o2 desaturation. They ignore anything while you are awake.

The test was done at home using an ApneaLink Air. It has no EEG channel - how does it know when you're asleep?

Depth of the breath taken?

Same as auto ramp up functionality?
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-05-2018, 01:49 AM)tedgreen Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 09:39 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:

Depth of the breath taken?

Same as auto ramp up functionality?

Maybe - I'd be interested to know.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2018, 05:46 AM)ajack Wrote: The numbers are counted when you are asleep and have an o2 desaturation. They ignore anything while you are awake.
Likewise any time you were awake with the sleepyhead chart, you ignore it

You are doing well with the leaks and keeping your mask on. it does take time to adjust to cpap.

If they are pressure induced CA, it can take up to 12 weeks to resolve for most people.
Tomorrow you will get better advice. I would raise the min to 6 and then review, I'd even be tempted to try min 7 and see if some of those CA are actually H. I'd keep the EPR off, till things settle down more.
@forum, Is it just me, or does the last 2 charts look obstructive with a recovery breath?

I tried your suggestions. I raised the min to 6, 7 and later 8 . turned off EPR ( its enabled only in the ramp ). These changes didn't make any difference to CA. I am attaching reports from different days. 

[attachment=4302] [attachment=4303] [attachment=4304]     [attachment=4306] [attachment=4307]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 274 22 minutes ago
Last Post: Expat31
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 21 350 4 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 230 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 56 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 288 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.