Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly diagnosed
RE: Newly diagnosed
(11-07-2012, 03:45 PM)Utsarah Wrote: Chin strap: mine keeps coming off! I wake up with it hanging around my neck!

There are different types ... some fit like a helmet and can't slip off.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your insurance company paid for a new machine and you were sold a used one, that's called insurance fraud. Drop that term into any negotiations you have with the supplier. Also mention the Better Business Bureau.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-07-2012, 07:32 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If your insurance company paid for a new machine and you were sold a used one, that's called insurance fraud. Drop that term into any negotiations you have with the supplier. Also mention the Better Business Bureau.

In the US, insurance usually insists on a rent-to-own option. IMHO, they have a right to give you a used rental machine if you're renting.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I asked and they said that it was paid up front, not a rental. Crazy!! I'm going to get this machine thing ironed out I'll probably try to find another provider for supplies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi rayks and WELCOME! to the forum.! Hopefully you find a chinstrap that works well for you as there are several different types, best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to update the DME provider switched out machines today. I now have the S9 autoset. I actually saw them remove it from the box, so I know this one is new. It took my doctor's office manager calling the marketing director of the DME provider to get it done. I'm glad I got a new machine as was billed to me and the insurance company, and also one that will provide more data!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-15-2012, 05:14 PM)Utsarah Wrote: Just to update the DME provider switched out machines today. I now have the S9 autoset. I actually saw them remove it from the box, so I know this one is new. It took my doctor's office manager calling the marketing director of the DME provider to get it done. I'm glad I got a new machine as was billed to me and the insurance company, and also one that will provide more data!
congrats... now the fun begins Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2012, 08:05 PM)Utsarah Wrote: Hello. I was recently diagnosed with mild sleep apnea.

I was wondering which masks other side sleepers like.

I have always used a "nasal" face mask. While I have not tried a "full" face mask I realize that may take some getting used to.
I have tried nasal pillows in the sleep lab. No thanks. It's all a personal matter. I don't have a "standard" sleeping position so for me I needed something versatile enough whether I'm sleeping, front, back, or side. Except in the very beginning when I had a Healthdyne mask, after that, ResMed Mirage masks of different varieties have been offered to me and they have done just fine. But again it's a personal matter. Somehow I think the term "mild" sleep apnea is a misnomer. IMHO it's always serious enough to not be regarded as "mild" event though my own otolaryngologist used the term "mild to moderate" as well. Mild? LOL Laugh-a-lot not when you're living it.

Post Reply Post Reply
My brother probably has sleep apnea and we're trying to get him to have a sleep test. He hates anything in his nose and shudders whenever I even mention my nasal pillows. Even when in the hospital and on oxygen (he has bad asthma), he cannot tolerate the cannulas and keeps it on his upper lip.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 15 263 4 hours ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 270 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 467 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Hi I'm new here - just diagnosed waterboyOz 32 1,776 12-11-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First-time CPAP Machine Advice (Newly Diagnosed OSA) Franko39 2 392 11-15-2023, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Franko39
  [Treatment] Newly diagnosed. prettybadapnea 2 359 11-07-2023, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  p123 - Therapy Thread - Just diagnosed p123 58 2,609 11-07-2023, 11:15 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.