Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly diagnosed and need help for a good start
RE: Newly diagnosed and need help for a good start
I think if he starts at 10cm chances are the pressure won't go much higher anyway. I may be wrong but I think it would knock most of the events out.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
The dreamstation does like to not raise the pressure to some events, so it may not auto adjust enough. Time will tell. From what I've observed here, it really does like to be close to the 95%. A few more night will give a clearer picture.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks
Thanks for all the replies... I’ll let it as it is for now as I want to try something tonight..

I been thinking about it all day, the 2 first part of to night I was forcing myself to sleep on my sides as I was told ( and the sleep test just proved it ) that my snoring and apnea was worst when I was on my back but my pillow is thin and probably doesn’t help me when I’m sleeping on the side... I spent most of the time tossing and turning as the pressure was rising slowly.

On the last part of the night I was sleeping on my back and the CPAP did the job at a lower pressure so I was more confortable. When the pressure went to high I was having a hard time exhaling as the machine was forcing air down my throat and I felt suffocating ! 

I will be sleeping on my back tonight just to see how it goes.

On a other note... One good thing after my first night ;  I was not tired this morning and didn’t feel like a truck ran over me and back up just to make sure...  Grin

Will be posting more tomorrow morning !i! 

Ben
Post Reply Post Reply
Here you go... second night.

sleep good but SleepyHead don't agree whit me, I'm thinking to go up on the minimum to 8cm as your suggested as I see that 6cm is close to nothing when I start the CPAP.
I was on my back 90% of the time... did not get better numbers in SleepyHead.

[Image: jan_3011.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I would work on leaks more, they aren't that bad, but you should sleep more comfortable. The machine will have a mask fit function that blows high pressure to fit the mask, also the link in my signature could help. Every face is different, but I couldn't get the f10 cushion to work for me and I went to a f20

First off I would fix the OA and H, then see what is left.
I think that chart along with the other indicates you are going to need higher min pressure. Try 8 and then try the 10. I think my first suggestion of 10 might be a bit low and I'm leaning towards 12 in the end now. The max I would keep 2cm above the 95% for now. I would also keep the flex to make the exhale easier, while you adjust. I know you were back sleeping and you can do that just watch out for tucking your chin towards your chest.. adjust your pillow, think chin up, head back.
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Ajack !i!

i did not wanted to change setting yet but tonight i will... the low pressure was not enough to start with yesterday.
I will go up to 9cm Min tonight and see if it give me a good start for the night...

Here's my reading for last night, i disconnected after to pressure was too high to sleep. Last part sleep felted perfect and good !

[Image: fev_1_11.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
You need to seriously consider a soft cervical collar with a comfortable fit. It appears that you can put your pressure as high as it will go and not resolve that positional apnea. You will be a lot more comfortable at lower pressures if you deal with the fact that when your head and neck are not aligned you are going to have very high obstructive events and pressure together. I don't see this so much as a pressure problem, but a positional apnea issue.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thinking-about  No doubt I'm not supposed to laugh, but I will anyway. I hope you all (including the OP) have a gigantic sense of humor.

In the original post, Benz30 in error mentioned that he "stopped breeding 64 times an hour"!!!!!!!!!  Laugh-a-lot 

Good luck with your treatment, Benz30.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2018, 10:46 PM)HalfAsleep Wrote: Thinking-about  No doubt I'm not supposed to laugh, but I will anyway. I hope you all (including the OP) have a gigantic sense of humor.

In the original post, Benz30 in error mentioned that he "stopped breeding 64 times an hour"!!!!!!!!!  Laugh-a-lot 

Good luck with your treatment, Benz30.

Thanks !i!  Laugh-a-lot 

My first language is French... If i write to fast and don’t read it back that’s what happens !i! 
I understand Spanish and Portuguese too ( the wife is Portuguese)but English is the only one that I can read and speak fluently But I still have some work to do on the writing part.

HalfAsleep, you made my night !! I will correct it... but not to much  Bigwink

Edit: looks like I can not edit a post after someone reply to it... OH well !!
Post Reply Post Reply
There might be some sleep wake junk in there too, the chart cluster half way through the first session and the start of the second session look similar. One had high pressure, one had lower pressure. A collar would sort it out one way or another. Perhaps the suggestion of pillow adjustment and chin up, head back, isn't enough to sort out what is going on, at this stage.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 22 398 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 60 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 73 03-27-2024, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 205 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 389 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 149 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 181 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.