Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly diagnosed and need help for a good start
RE: Newly diagnosed and need help for a good start
Your good to go on posting links now.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here you go... here’s the result, it’s in French but I guess they all like the same...
[Image: 1beda410.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
You can now attach images and files on Apnea Board, even as a new member. The file size limit has been increased to 700 KB for images and 1-MB for files, but space is essentially unlimited. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board This also allows documents and Acrobat files to be posted.

Your sleep study looks like pretty straight-forward obstructive sleep apnea in the severe range. The number of events is not predictive of what pressure you will need to keep your airway open, but you should do very well with the Philips Dreamstation Auto once you get the minimum pressure where it belongs.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well it looks like you have good old fashion obstructive apnea. That's actually a good thing. Could be worse.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Benz30,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you start your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there,
here you go first night... not too good for me. I'm having a hard time with the pressure, feel like its pushing down on my diaphragm... that the pressure was breathing for me.

The first two times I woke up because I felt there was too much pressure on the mask, like it was popping up.
I got up and change bed for 2 hour and went back to my CPAP... the last part of the night was better, feel good , the pressure was good too, sleep seemed good to me, i feel better this morning !i!

In the graphic, i did not found the flow limit... if you need something that is not in there let me know.

Thank you again !i!
Ben
[Image: screen10.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd start with the min on 10, with dreamstation it many need to go higher, later. See how the ca go over the next week, pressure induced CA normally settle within 12 weeks. There are also some leaks to fix, my signature below has a good link
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't worry about the Flow limitation chart. On the Dreamstation they count it as an event instead. Your probably are going to need to raise your minimum pressure up to 10cm.

ajack beat me to it. But at least we agree.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
yes, it's a good place to start, my guess is it will finish up at 12, if the 95% stays around 14
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is your dissenting opinion. You slept better and had lower event rates at a lower pressure. You were clearly bothered when pressure rose above 12 cm and that caused RERA, discomfort and may even have resulted in that cluster of OA. Everytime your pressure went high, you discontinued therapy, and that does you no good at all.

I'm in favor of a pressure range of 8.0 to 12.0 in order to help you get adjusted, and we can look at what things look like at that point. I do not recommend jumping to higher pressures that disrupt your sleep at the beginning of your therapy experience. I think in a week, we will be in a much better position to make that judgement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 22 370 1 hour ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 59 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 72 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 204 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 386 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 148 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 178 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.