Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly diagnosed and on dream station
RE: Newly diagnosed and on dream station
I did some changes in my sleep position last night (pressure stayed at 9min and 15 max) and used a different pillow (I'm a side sleeper) and I did get better AHI overall).

At this point (other than increase of pressure by .5 to 9.5 min), I'm started to suspect that my uptick in AHI may be due to establishing sleep after wake up, this is possible one of a few items:

1. Positional apnea (cervical collar to avoid chin tuck is on it's way)
2. Pressure on the min setting needs to be increased (I'll dial this in tonight)
3. Using the ramp feature after wake up (I'm going to give this a try tonight)

Initial sleep onset is within 7 minutes or so, I suspect that ramp may help in this situation.

I've attached two screenshots
1. First - AHI was ~6 and shows cluster of events after wake up
2, Second - AHI was ~3 and shows cluster of events after wake up (this was with the new pillow)

CPAP is an aerobic exersize
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newly diagnosed - on a DreamStation - need review of data matsarge 32 842 05-15-2019, 10:26 AM
Last Post: matsarge
Question Self-diagnosed on Dreamstation with questions 0xfeedface 30 576 05-12-2019, 03:02 AM
Last Post: 0xfeedface
Exclaimation Newbie Help! -Diagnosed myself Just came back from DR - I want to bypass this mess! greatsleepismine 13 576 04-14-2019, 06:14 PM
Last Post: High Purity
  Has anyone on this forum been diagnosed with PLMD? Haley 2 248 02-26-2019, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Haley
  New Dream Station FLcracker 5 368 02-22-2019, 01:39 PM
Last Post: FLcracker
  PLMD diagnosed from sleep study Haley 2 189 02-14-2019, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Haley
  [Equipment] DREAM WEAR FULL FACE MASK boomerang 1 258 01-15-2019, 10:13 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.