Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly "diagnosed" but doubting diagnosis?
RE: Newly "diagnosed" but doubting diagnosis?
(12-27-2015, 02:35 PM)KingTitus Wrote: My apologies to all that have replied, I have been crazy busy over the holidays. Here is the update since I wrote the original post. I am going to perform another sleep study. The original center is refusing to give me or anyone else the results, reports or data from the device including my ENT. I have had to resort to filing a complaint with the AASM and the medical board. This one will be at a facility instead of a take home. This has been an absolute nightmarish event to say the least.

Thank you to all that have replied. I will update with the new results soon.

Have a great new year!

Refuse to pay for the study. That will get you your data. If it is your insurance company, contact them and explain that you do not want this place to be paid unless they release actual medical data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2015, 02:35 PM)KingTitus Wrote: The original center is refusing to give me or anyone else the results, reports or data from the device including my ENT. I have had to resort to filing a complaint with the AASM and the medical board.

A complaint filed with the Department of Health and Human Services would also be appropriate because the refusal to release medical records is a HIPAA violation and those get reported to the DHHS:

http://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/filing-a-compla...index.html

Good luck with the next sleep study, and Happy New Year to you!

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-27-2015, 08:06 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Refuse to pay for the study. That will get you your data. If it is your insurance company, contact them and explain that you do not want this place to be paid unless they release actual medical data.

The fine print somewhere will usually say the patient is ultimately responsible if insurance pays less than expected.

So maybe best to just inform the insurance company that the sleep center refuses to release records, and that complaints with professional and civil authorities have been filed, and that the insurance company may want to re-evaluate whether to keep that provider in their network.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 25 692 04-09-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Schernenk
  New to Diagnosis. Looking for advice and have concerns re: my data bitteroblivion 4 163 04-04-2024, 10:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Diagnosis] WatchPAT sleep apena diagnosis low AHI higher RDI. Need advice godiego 24 3,687 04-04-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: godiego
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 107 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  UARS diagnosis? No improvements on CPAP. What Bilevel machine to get and where? empiricismandstatistics 8 253 03-21-2024, 04:29 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 490 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Diagnosis question Timlondonparis 3 222 03-18-2024, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Timlondonparis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.