Newly "diagnosed" but doubting diagnosis?
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

RE: Newly "diagnosed" but doubting diagnosis?
(12-27-2015 02:35 PM)KingTitus Wrote:  My apologies to all that have replied, I have been crazy busy over the holidays. Here is the update since I wrote the original post. I am going to perform another sleep study. The original center is refusing to give me or anyone else the results, reports or data from the device including my ENT. I have had to resort to filing a complaint with the AASM and the medical board. This one will be at a facility instead of a take home. This has been an absolute nightmarish event to say the least.

Thank you to all that have replied. I will update with the new results soon.

Have a great new year!

Refuse to pay for the study. That will get you your data. If it is your insurance company, contact them and explain that you do not want this place to be paid unless they release actual medical data.
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2015 08:09 PM by Mosquitobait.)
12-27-2015 08:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
kaiasgram Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Aloha
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 8-10
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Female

(12-27-2015 02:35 PM)KingTitus Wrote:  The original center is refusing to give me or anyone else the results, reports or data from the device including my ENT. I have had to resort to filing a complaint with the AASM and the medical board.

A complaint filed with the Department of Health and Human Services would also be appropriate because the refusal to release medical records is a HIPAA violation and those get reported to the DHHS:

http://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/filing-a-compla...index.html

Good luck with the next sleep study, and Happy New Year to you!
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2015 08:34 PM by kaiasgram.)
12-27-2015 08:18 PM
vsheline Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: S9 VPAP Adapt (USA Model# 36007, not better 36037 or 36067)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F10 or SimPlus w/ 2Liners. MirageQuatro & Gecko gel pad
Humidifier: H5i
CPAP Pressure: 15 EPAP, PS 5-10
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: Marfan Syndrome, chronic bradycardia, occasional Cheyne-Stokes Respiration

Sex: Male

(12-27-2015 08:06 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote:  Refuse to pay for the study. That will get you your data. If it is your insurance company, contact them and explain that you do not want this place to be paid unless they release actual medical data.

The fine print somewhere will usually say the patient is ultimately responsible if insurance pays less than expected.

So maybe best to just inform the insurance company that the sleep center refuses to release records, and that complaints with professional and civil authorities have been filed, and that the insurance company may want to re-evaluate whether to keep that provider in their network.

Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment. The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies - not on matters concerning treatment for Sleep Apnea. I think it is now too late to change the name of the group but I think Voting Member group would perhaps have been a more descriptive name for the group.
12-27-2015 09:31 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  advice for diagnosis steps to take odoyle 12 479 12-03-2016 11:50 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Smile [CPAP] Diagnosis + prescription = Frustration... ApneaBoard + experimenting = Salvation! OldVet 8 269 11-28-2016 08:24 PM
Last Post: OldVet
  Ordered a Auto CPAP / Was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea jakthebomb 15 802 10-18-2016 08:00 AM
Last Post: southerndoc
Question [Diagnosis] ISO Second Diagnosis Advice headpeace 5 298 10-10-2016 03:19 PM
Last Post: headpeace
  was diagnosed with apnea 10 years ago.... last sleep study came back negative LB1982 13 1,078 10-08-2016 07:34 PM
Last Post: lab rat
  [Diagnosis] Could Sleeping Pill During Test Cause False Apnea Diagnosis Violetskyye 20 1,028 09-23-2016 03:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  newly diagnosed-resmed question mummadee 3 337 09-18-2016 06:48 AM
Last Post: cate1898