Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly diagnosed now what?
Newly diagnosed now what?
I was newly diagnosed with mild sleep apnea. My primary doctor prescribed an auto set Cpap. The sleep clinic that I went to said it was a 6-8 week wait for a machine so I asked if I could just buy one. She said yes and I asked if they monitor it and she said if we need to. I just went ahead and purchased a resmed airsense 10 online and am getting it in a few days. My question is do I take it into the sleep clinic for set up?  Or just start using it and take the SD card into my primary physician on my next appointment?  Or does my primary just ask how I feel when I go in?  I am just not sure who is in charge.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newly diagnosed now what?
When I received my machine, the DME supplier set it up per my sleep doc orders. I was shown how to use it and how to make fundamental changes if necessary. 

I was also shown all the functions and what they meant. I can't ever recall my sleep doc wanting to see the SD card. He asked me questions though, in regards to how I was doing with it. He's never asked me to bring the machine itself in. 

You might just call prior to your appt. and ask what they want, if anything, for you to bring in. 

Although my primary doctor referred me to a sleep doc, he's never asked me anything about it at all since.  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!  [DME Link Removed] Supplier #1 did put the settings on the prescription in. They sent a follow up email with the serial number and settings. I don’t have another appointment with the sleep doctor as far as I know. I just don’t know how they would get the data if I didn’t take it in. Since it isn’t coming through them they won’t have access unless I give it to them.

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
You have us. Download OSCAR a post your charts. You will likely need to modify the settings.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks!  I have one more question.  Since I purchased the machine outright will my insurance pay for the supplies or is that on me?  I appreciate all the insight.  Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2021, 02:47 AM)PrimoPerigrine Wrote: Thanks!  I have one more question.  Since I purchased the machine outright will my insurance pay for the supplies or is that on me?  I appreciate all the insight.  Thanks again.

Insurance won't pay unless you follow their Process.  I would just ask the DME if they will send you supplies if they say yes you should be good..

In general the Doctor that read or did your sleep study is "is in charge".  I say this loosely because for the most part "You are in Charge".  Like Gideon said you have us.. 

Welcome
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 25 721 04-09-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Schernenk
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 118 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 517 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 341 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 513 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Hi I'm new here - just diagnosed waterboyOz 32 1,889 12-11-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  First-time CPAP Machine Advice (Newly Diagnosed OSA) Franko39 2 434 11-15-2023, 07:17 PM
Last Post: Franko39

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.