Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly diagnosed - on a DreamStation - need review of data
RE: Newly diagnosed - on a DreamStation - need review of data
(05-07-2019, 07:54 AM)bonjour Wrote: On ramp.  Most experienced users do not use a ramp.

Is there a reason for not using the ramp? I'm going to give it a try as any improvement is good.  Thanks
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
I can see a short ramp, 5 to 10 minutes the shorter the better, but during Ramp time the algorithm to adjust to events is disabled. We feel the ramp takes away time at therapeutic values. I have seen many long ramps, 45+ minutes since most of us take a bathroom break and the non-therapeutic time doubles.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once you have your pressure set at a good place, the ramp is somewhat useless. For example, I have my min pressure set at 8 and the max at 15 so I'm clearly comfortable with higher pressure. So what would I set the ramp at, 7? That's not really of any value to me.

It's only true value comes as a "relief valve" for users who are trying to get used to the machine as it will lower the pressure and give them time to adjust.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 20 289 8 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 51 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 381 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 290 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Please help with treatment review DaveL 862 52,995 03-04-2024, 05:06 PM
Last Post: DaveL
  Sleep Study Review - Missed PLMS? pezhead99 4 330 01-22-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: WhyMe

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.