Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly diagnosed questions
RE: Newly diagnosed questions
Okay I got a call from the DME and they didn't ask me anything about the machine Id want or anything, just gave me a price and pushed me off the phone. Total seemd to be barely over 1k which seems like the cost of a Devilbiss bipap. I'd much rather move up to the resmed Aircurve 10 VAuto or the dreamstation. Do I just call them back and ask to change it or? (Sorry to have to ask this. I kinda have anxiety talking to people on the phone so I'm kinda freaked out about it..)
Also the recommendations were for an auto machine it seems? Kinda? It's asking for Bi-flex 3 machine which is the auto adjustment so..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newly diagnosed questions
Your going to have to tell them what you'll accept and if they won't provide it go to another DME. You also need to get a copy of your prescription and a copy of your sleep study for your records. The Doctor is required by law to give them to you on request.

You also don't have to use the DME the Doctor recommends. Talk to your insurance and find out what other DME's they will cover.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 15 257 29 minutes ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Juniper's questions juniper 5 76 1 hour ago
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 269 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New - so many questions Matsu1 4 230 02-25-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  A few questions!! Iceracer 2 298 01-19-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Iceracer
  Need Help. Many Questions wkennedy 6 441 12-31-2023, 10:50 AM
Last Post: wkennedy
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 467 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.