Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly diagnosed questions
RE: Newly diagnosed questions
Your chart is still not organized to provide the most meaningful data. We don't usually need to see mask pressure but want to see the leak rate and flow limit chart. Based on what I do see, I think your settings are fine and would not recommend any changes.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I’m always forgetting this: suggested chart setup tutorial can be visited by clicking on the link in my signature or that of Melman etc.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the climatelineair hose, the machine does have a heat setting I turned off because it was making me too hot, does this need to be on for the hose to function correctly? I do keep my room cool at night.
Post Reply Post Reply
The purpose of the humidifier and the heated part of the hose is only for your comfort such as helping a dry throat.  The heated hose is to stop condensation in the hose which can drip into the mask and cause discomfort and other issues.

Flow Limits are important in that they are as measured in your machine a flow restriction which is a smaller flow restriction than a hypopnea and it is one thing that will trigger a pressure increase.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-03-2019, 12:04 PM)Nautica Wrote: I have the climatelineair hose, the machine does have a heat setting I turned off because it was making me too hot, does this need to be on for the hose to function correctly? I do keep my room cool at night.

I keep a cool room at night as well. I ended up with a hose temperature setting a couple of degrees above the room temperature. I also use a hose cover, which helps keep moisture out of the tube while letting me run a lower hose temperature.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
There’s another thing I keep forgetting about, but several have mentioned it including MitchS. Consider getting your hose a blankie. There’s several different styles out there, that is I’m referring to the method of closing the blankie. I think some use zippers and others have Velcro. As Mitch said it reduces condensation and you can still run lower heater temperature. There’s a bonus of the cushion effect as well, as I have read.

PS the hose transmits air regardless of heater setting, the heated function is only to reduce condensation
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I will look into getting a hose cover!

Thank you for your help, I am going to get a hose cover!
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your help, I hope this is correct. Thank you for your patience!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry if I didn’t see it, but was the sleep study details posted? Fishing for the study breakdown of events. The latest chart shows Clear Airway as predominant, can mean Central events or breath holding while position changes took place. The sleep study info may clue us in on this. If you’ve not been given that detailed sleep study report, please request that.
Post Reply Post Reply
hard to comment when you don't see the Flow rate. I see Flow limits, and an occasional RERA, and CA on the high end of what I call acceptable. I would suggest raising pressure to decrease the Flow Limits but without and complaints I see no reason to do so. I would take some action if the CA index were to rise some. But overall this looks good to me. Should not go chasing numbers here.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EPR questions juniper 7 238 Today, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New - so many questions Matsu1 7 390 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: Matsu1
  Surgery questions sarahsleeps 8 186 04-16-2024, 10:01 AM
Last Post: coffee9724
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 25 721 04-09-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: Schernenk
Question [Equipment] Airsense 11 Questions tblaster 2 157 04-02-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: tblaster
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 252 03-27-2024, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 118 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.