Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly diagnosed severe CSA & OSA (AHI=108) seek advice
RE: Newly diagnosed severe CSA & OSA (AHI=108) seek advice
IMO jaswilliams is describing tongue trick evidence w/o knowing it

funny thing we all can do that stuff w/o mask, then we mask on and what we do automatically gets automatically forgotten

Coffee
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(03-16-2020, 06:28 AM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 03:44 AM)Liteheart1 Wrote:
(03-16-2020, 02:57 AM)jaswilliams Wrote: As far as large leaks go I go bare back with no aids when I started my mouth breathing was fairly high often over 15% but over time it reduced in a 6 month period it tailed off to basically 0 or pretty close and I am using an ASV with pressures upto 25 like yourself. I tried mouth taping cervical collars etc and I was happier and slept better with a few leaks with no additional clutter over time I learnt to keep my mouth shut

Good to know. Did you do any of the tongue exercises or anything else to get that end result?

No it’s just about getting used to the pressure and developing the reflex I can now talk and drink with the machine on and my P10 nasal mask in place I can’t say how I do it it’s just been learnt over time I still get the odd mask movement leaks but nothing that’s adversely affecting my therapy

Good for you, and nice to know that it was perhaps merely having a clear intention and "time."
Post Reply Post Reply
Dave,

It’s not the tongue trick as it’s the closing of my soft pallet as I can stick my tongue out and not let air escape so has no relationship to tongue position
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh OK, it just sounded the same as an automatic tongue trick seal.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] UARS - BiPAP - just started treatment - need advice calebpng 3 103 11-26-2020, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Advice appreciated martyedb 32 640 11-14-2020, 03:23 PM
Last Post: martyedb
  [Equipment] Longtime BiPAP w/ centrals needs new machine advice memeuro 51 1,641 11-11-2020, 04:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Newbie - Help with OSCAR and advice regarding treatment (OSA and possible RERAs?) SleepyMech 0 106 11-10-2020, 10:42 AM
Last Post: SleepyMech
Question CPAP newbie, trying to avoid DMEs entirely. Need advice on what I'm doing. harrisrobin 10 295 11-10-2020, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Rcgop needs advice Rcgop 3 205 11-05-2020, 10:16 AM
Last Post: martyedb
  [Diagnosis] Newly Diagnosed Scared and Depressed flcpap17 6 260 10-27-2020, 01:50 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.