Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly diagnosed severe CSA & OSA (AHI=108) seek advice
RE: Newly diagnosed severe CSA & OSA (AHI=108) seek advice
@Brazen thanks for your comment and effectively bumping my "neglected" thread. Briefly as you asked, 2nd follow up with sleep Dr - she was very pleased with improvement in large leaks.

@Gideon thanks for your brief expert comments, and perhaps you can cut my learning curve further:
1) In other threads forum experts seem to want the 95% Flow Limit stat to be at or below 0.10, preferably 0.03 or below, BUT if I understand your comment with ASV I can mostly ignore Flow Limits? What FL type of stat or pattern/trend if any would be a concern?

2) While I mostly have substantially improved Large Leaks since beginning to address this Aug. 8th there are still nights (or sub-session within a night) with LL > 15%.
I believe I had read that Large Leaks can distort the validity of AHI and other stats, is that true? What % of large leaks should be a concern? While many consecutive nights they are <3% or even zero and while one of my goals is to keep them very low, given the vagaries of mask and my mouth taping and interactions with side sleep position and pillow (even though I am not that active in my sleep) I don't expect that I will be able to eliminate virtually all of them. At sleep dr recommendation for a while I am changing nasal cushion # 10 days for a while so that an "old and worn" cushion is not a factor in what might be leading to leaks.

3) While subjectively I am feeling a good deal better (more energy, less desire or actually taking brief afternoon nap) I still feel there might be room for improvement and health benefits. Any data category that I might monitor and look toward improving (or if already good, keeping constant)?

Separately but related I have begun to use Wellue O2 ring and while too soon to say, so far ODI seems to be OK but too much variation in my few data nights.
I am also addressing the very dry mouth that I get with CPAP and have separate thread about that as while it is aspect of my treatment side effects it does not seem related to data and possible machine setting changes that I reserve for this thread.

=======
I note that in my comment #75 point 2 above, I alerted moderators that I had inappropriately started another thread on treatment and upon reading forum guidelines to keep most everything in one thread and moved that info to this thread and suggested the other superfluous thread be deleted. As of this comment that other thread has not been deleted.

Thanks for your (or anyone else's) assistance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(09-22-2022, 10:02 PM)Liteheart1 Wrote: I note that in my comment #75 point 2 above, I alerted moderators that I had inappropriately started another thread on treatment and upon reading forum guidelines to keep most everything in one thread and moved that info to this thread and suggested the other superfluous thread be deleted. As of this comment that other thread has not been deleted.

There were already some responses in that other thread.  I placed a note in the last post with a link back to this thread.
Jeff8356
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.6) | OSCAR v1.4.0 | VM = Win10 (19043.1446) |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR Data Interpretation

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ASV works on a different principle than most other BiLevels. That is while CPAPs, APAPs, and most BiLevels work by using air pressure to prevent FUTURE obstructive events increasing pressure IAW its algorithms, ASV maintains a steady volume, ResMed Minute Volume, Phillips Tidal Volume to eliminate all events on the same breath they are occuring on. It does this by, at times, applying very high amounts of PS and stoping the event as it forms.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Gideon, this adds some info to the Wiki on ASV, but gives me no hints about what aspects of Oscar data it might be worthwhile for me to monitor. So far all that is clear to me is that with ASV some of the typical things (Flow Limit, etc.) that we are asked to post in our comment are mostly irrelevant (and perhaps also true of some of the side bar stats as well. Educating me (and the many other ASV) users about this core topic probably would teach us a bit of how to fish and reduce the requests for review.

I do understand that you and other experts have limited time and must choose your priorities. I appreciate you for your many very useful posts.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP- Need Evaluation and Advice Connieliles 8 271 10-05-2022, 09:27 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to APAP & Need Advice APAP4ME 50 1,417 10-05-2022, 05:28 PM
Last Post: APAP4ME
  Need advice on UARS and CPAP treatment Jazst 19 877 09-24-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: jcoleman
  Replacement advice - Resmed 10 or 11? sansnap 11 801 09-22-2022, 11:17 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
  [Equipment] Respironics - a newly reported defect Dr.Bob 5 302 09-22-2022, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - 3 months - advice? BobH56 5 259 09-16-2022, 06:25 PM
Last Post: BobH56
  Needing some advice.. SleepyWeasel 7 229 09-16-2022, 03:47 PM
Last Post: mesenteria

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.