Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly diagnosed - still sleepy with machine
Smile 
Newly diagnosed - still sleepy with machine
I am newly diagnosed with severe sleep apnea

I found this out after my fiance was worried about how I was sleeping and what really made everything come to the surface was on my way home from work crashing into a tree because I fell asleep for a moment.  

Anyway they sent me a Phillips dreamstation with the nasal mask.  

I have been using it daily but yet still can't shake the tiredness I feel throughout the day.

After lurking for a little while on this board I decided to download OSCAR and see if I could get any feedback on my results.

Thank you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Newly diagnosed - still sleepy with machine
Welccome to the forum.

NOt bad, just need some subtle tweaking.

PR machines perform better when they are closer to the values that treat the apneas. so I'm suggesting two things,

setting your min to 8, an increase of one to improve your obstructive events and
reduce your Flex. Increased flex tends to increase the number of central events that occur. I don't know if you are one of those so we try \lowering your flex to see if it reduces your centrals.
Fred Bonjour - Project Manager and Lead Tester for OSCAR - Open Source CPAP Analysis Reporter 
OSCAR

Download OSCAR
New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success
Soft Cervical Collar
Mask Primer
Dealing with a DME
Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What else to test for when diagnosed with sleep apnea recently iPal 2 120 09-09-2020, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Shadowpup
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 158 168,074 09-06-2020, 06:22 PM
Last Post: 53lowt
  Diagnosed with mild OSA, unsure how to proceed nadnerb 7 313 08-22-2020, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Not Diagnosed, But Let The Experiment Begin rsandhu 17 466 08-04-2020, 11:10 AM
Last Post: ar14
  Just diagnosed today teonchagi 31 848 07-30-2020, 02:23 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Oscar sees more hypopnea than sleepy head binderhoff 5 231 07-17-2020, 08:32 PM
Last Post: binderhoff
  Recently Diagnosed - Mask fitting advice during a pandemic DazedRunner 8 302 07-13-2020, 07:27 PM
Last Post: DazedRunner

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.