Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 17/14
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Newly diagnosed, waiting for BiPap
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am 32 and have recently been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea with a Apnea/hypopnea index of 106. I believe that I have had sleep apnea my entire life as I have always been a loud snorer and even when very young can remember having issues with sleep. I had a sleep study where I slept normally for half the night and then got put on a cpap/bipap for the second half of the night. They tried cpap first but ended up changing it to bipap and testing settings. In the end they said I did well on a bilevel at 17/14 with an EPR of 3, and that is what they prescribed for me.

I have been doing a ton of research on machines and sleep apnea in general and this forum has provided a lot of valuable information. After having my sleep test in December my doctor sent my prescription over to a medical supply company for a bipap with heated humidification. The company was trying to charge me $750 up front and then $450 a month for 12 months. That is over $6,000 dollars for a bipap. My insurance is pretty much useless so I would be paying for the majority of this out of pocket. I then began to research other options and found secondwindcpap dot com in the forums. After doing a bunch of research I reached out and have ordered a New open box ResMed S9 VPAP S w/ heated humidifier. I got tracking information yesterday and it should be delivered today. I cannot wait to get real sleep!
01-17-2014 10:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
trish6hundred Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed S9 AutoSet for Her
Mask Make & Model: Fisher & Paykel Simplus
Humidifier: H5i Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10 - 7-20 Cm H2O
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments: I started CPAP in 2008. Totally blind since birth.

Sex: Female

RE: Newly diagnosed, waiting for BiPap
Hi BustaTC,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you with your new machine and feel free to ask as many questions as you need to help you understand.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.

trish6hundred
01-17-2014 11:03 AM
Peter_C Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: System One DS960HS
Mask Make & Model: Mirage Quattro "MED"
Humidifier: Attached
CPAP Pressure: Auto mode-script is:15/3/3
CPAP Software: EncoreBasic Other Software

Other Comments: Severe obstructive sleep apnea 1999/Just got an ASV machine

Sex: Male

RE: Newly diagnosed, waiting for BiPap
Son, you will be a hosehead like the rest of us! We are slowly taking over the world (if we don't fall asleep first)...

*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional. My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
01-17-2014 04:22 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] respironics bipap error code hanasdaddy 6 133 12-07-2016 01:48 AM
Last Post: hanasdaddy
  [Diagnosis] Waiting for sleep study results...got Pulse Ox in the meanwhile jds2001 10 330 12-01-2016 03:13 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  New User Problem with BiPAP AVAPS - Part 1 jmayer180 35 1,337 11-27-2016 09:50 AM
Last Post: jmayer180
  First time Bipap User, years of suffering SleepyMersim 18 670 11-16-2016 11:46 PM
Last Post: Galactus
Question BiPAP vs EPR/Flex etc? SleepyBee 7 276 11-13-2016 08:52 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  [Equipment] Annoying on/off beep on Respironics BIPAP S/T C series rcattell 8 353 11-06-2016 12:07 PM
Last Post: rcattell
  Blood sugar issues after treating apnea with BIPAP Gugliano 7 427 10-21-2016 01:59 PM
Last Post: southerndoc