Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Newly diagnosed, waiting for BiPap
Newly diagnosed, waiting for BiPap
I just wanted to introduce myself. I am 32 and have recently been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea with a Apnea/hypopnea index of 106. I believe that I have had sleep apnea my entire life as I have always been a loud snorer and even when very young can remember having issues with sleep. I had a sleep study where I slept normally for half the night and then got put on a cpap/bipap for the second half of the night. They tried cpap first but ended up changing it to bipap and testing settings. In the end they said I did well on a bilevel at 17/14 with an EPR of 3, and that is what they prescribed for me.

I have been doing a ton of research on machines and sleep apnea in general and this forum has provided a lot of valuable information. After having my sleep test in December my doctor sent my prescription over to a medical supply company for a bipap with heated humidification. The company was trying to charge me $750 up front and then $450 a month for 12 months. That is over $6,000 dollars for a bipap. My insurance is pretty much useless so I would be paying for the majority of this out of pocket. I then began to research other options and found secondwindcpap dot com in the forums. After doing a bunch of research I reached out and have ordered a New open box ResMed S9 VPAP S w/ heated humidifier. I got tracking information yesterday and it should be delivered today. I cannot wait to get real sleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newly diagnosed, waiting for BiPap
Hi BustaTC,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you with your new machine and feel free to ask as many questions as you need to help you understand.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Newly diagnosed, waiting for BiPap
Son, you will be a hosehead like the rest of us! We are slowly taking over the world (if we don't fall asleep first)...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 22 399 Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 60 03-27-2024, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Diagnosed with SA 70AHI Newbie2024 16 389 03-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: Newbie2024
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 292 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  newly diagnosed, need some help reading OSCAR report mushroom 5 479 12-13-2023, 09:42 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.