Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed P10
Humidifier: same as machine
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: 1,000 injured as meteor falls in Russia
End Times? Baby, this is just the Beginning!
03-17-2013 04:38 PM
Find all posts by this user

Donate to Apnea Board
Shastzi Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: FitLife Total face mask
Humidifier: F&P HC150 with Hybernite heated hose.
CPAP Pressure: 15cm-20cm H2O (auto)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: CMS50-F wearable Oximeter; Software: SPO2 Assistant

Sex: Undisclosed

Imagine how chagrined the dinosaurs must have been!
End times? Nope. Just normal operations for this planet. Most folks just havent read the instruction manual yet! Smile

Anyway lets look at this.
Matthew 16:28
Then Jesus said to his disciples:
“Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

Uh oh...
Jesus just let the cat out of the bag.
Since we all know all the disciples are long dead, the "End Times" prophesy failed! It's OVERDUE!
Oops.

The real fun starts with Revelations 14:1-5

Apparently none of *US* is getting into heaven.
You need to be male, virgin (undefiled by a women!), never have told a lie AND be in good favor with THE LAMB.
If however you DO qualify for the above requirements, there is a space limitation of 144,000. So if you are 144,001 you are outta luck and you get to stay behind to get trashed with all the horrible & bad people like you & me.

Suffice that from these writings alone, it they are true, *No Women* get into heaven!

I find the faith disturbing at this point, don't you?
Most preachers don't ever mention these passages and it's no wonder.
The religion just shot blew itself out of the water in a couple paragraphs.

Enough nonsense for now. Time of a nap!

=~.~=

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
03-17-2013 08:57 PM
Ugly Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Micro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Hydrocephalus, myopia, depression, chronic ugliness, stupidity, tinnitus, mixed sleep apnea.

(03-17-2013 08:57 PM)Shastzi Wrote:  Apparently none of *US* is getting into heaven.
You need to be male, virgin (undefiled by a women!), never have told a lie AND be in good favor with THE LAMB.

Baaaa. I'm in bad favour with the lamb of good flavour.
I eat lamb chops so I guess that counts me out too.

Quote:Suffice that from these writings alone, it they are true, *No Women* get into heaven!

Then it will be hell for the heterosexual males who make it there.

Quote:Most preachers don't ever mention these passages and it's no wonder.
The religion just shot blew itself out of the water in a couple paragraphs.

Many lovely passages never make it past a preacher's lips.
I won't post them here. Read through the Song of Solomon/Songs for some of the lovelier ones.
03-18-2013 12:32 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Shastzi Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: FitLife Total face mask
Humidifier: F&P HC150 with Hybernite heated hose.
CPAP Pressure: 15cm-20cm H2O (auto)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: CMS50-F wearable Oximeter; Software: SPO2 Assistant

Sex: Undisclosed

Hmm. Lamb chops are pretty tasty come to think of it.

Yah, Song of Solomon has some NC-17 stuff there if I remember right. =o.O=

< Happily Heathen, Pagan & Deist >

=^.^=

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
03-18-2013 12:49 PM
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

Hate to even get into this here, but if you quote one or two verses out of context, and don't compare one Scripture verse with the rest of the Bible, you can make the Bible say anything you want. I don't have time, nor do I want to get into a huge theological argument here, but I could show you clearly what that verse on some "which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom" means, and yes, that prophesy was fulfilled already, and no, it did not "fail" at all.

Also, the "conclusion" that only virgin men or only 144,000 people will make it to heaven is Scripturally absurd. Such conclusions are based upon a verse taken out of context (by not bothering to read or refer to the passages around it, in context). Nowhere does the Bible state or even infer that only virgin men will make it to heaven, nor does it say that only 144,000 will make it to heaven. That passage in Revelation isn't even talking about who will make it into heaven or not, if you take time to read it in context and comparing it logically with what other Scripture passages clearly state. Rolleyes

To those who want to know what the Bible really teaches on how to make it into heaven, here's the basics (taken from a popular tract by Ford Porter that has been around for several years).. and this is a pretty good Scripture-based explanation for what the salvation of one's soul is all about:

Quote:
God’s Simple Plan of Salvation

My Friend:
I am asking you the most important question of life. Your joy or your sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good you are, nor if you are a church member, but are you saved? Are you sure you will go to Heaven when you die?

God says in order to go to Heaven, you must be born again. In John 3:7, Jesus said to Nicodemus, “Ye must be born again.”

In the Bible God gives us the plan of how to be born again which means to be saved. His plan is simple! You can be saved today. How?

First, my friend, you must realize you are a sinner. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).

Because you are a sinner, you are condemned to death. “For the wages [payment] of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). This includes eternal separation from God in Hell.

“ . . . it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27).

But God loved you so much He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus, to bear your sin and die in your place. “ . . . He hath made Him [Jesus, Who knew no sin] to be sin for us . . . that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Jesus had to shed His blood and die. “For the life of the flesh is in the blood” (Lev. 17:11). “ . . . without shedding of blood is no remission [pardon]” (Hebrews 9:22).

“ . . . God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).

Although we cannot understand how, God said my sins and your sins were laid upon Jesus and He died in our place. He became our substitute. It is true. God cannot lie.

My friend, “God . . . commandeth all men everywhere to repent” (Acts 17:30). This repentance is a change of mind that agrees with God that one is a sinner, and also agrees with what Jesus did for us on the Cross.

In Acts 16:30-31, the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas: “ . . . ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ And they said, ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved . . . .’ ”

Simply believe on Him as the one who bore your sin, died in your place, was buried, and whom God resurrected. His resurrection powerfully assures that the believer can claim everlasting life when Jesus is received as Saviour.

“But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name” (John 1:12).

“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13).

Whosoever includes you. Shall be saved means not maybe, nor can, but shall be saved.

Surely, you realize you are a sinner. Right now, wherever you are, repenting, lift your heart to God in prayer.

In Luke 18:13, the sinner prayed: “God be merciful to me a sinner.” Just pray: “Oh God, I know I am a sinner. I believe Jesus was my substitute when He died on the Cross. I believe His shed blood, death, burial, and resurrection were for me. I now receive Him as my Saviour. I thank You for the forgiveness of my sins, the gift of salvation and everlasting life, because of Your merciful grace. Amen.”

Just take God at His word and claim His salvation by faith. Believe, and you will be saved. No church, no lodge, no good works can save you. Remember, God does the saving. All of it!

God’s simple plan of salvation is: You are a sinner. Therefore, unless you believe on Jesus Who died in your place, you will spend eternity in Hell. If you believe on Him as your crucified, buried, and risen Saviour, you receive forgiveness for all of your sins and His gift of eternal salvation by faith.

You say, “Surely, it cannot be that simple.” Yes, that simple! It is scriptural. It is God’s plan. My friend, believe on Jesus and receive Him as Saviour today.

If His plan is not perfectly clear, read this tract over and over, without laying it down, until you understand it. Your soul is worth more than all the world.

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?” (Mark 8:36).

Be sure you are saved. If you lose your soul, you miss Heaven and lose all. Please! Let God save you this very moment.

God’s power will save you, keep you saved, and enable you to live a victorious Christian life. “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).

Do not trust your feelings. They change. Stand on God’s promises. They never change.

Rather than let this thread spiral downward into a major religious argument (which was not the intention of my original post), it will be closed for now, since it has strayed from the original topic of the meteor explosion in Russia.

Thanks.

Smile

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

03-18-2013 01:54 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Thread Closed 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The bread always falls jam side down. justMongo 20 1,039 02-16-2016 04:44 PM
Last Post: AlanE