Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Survived my first night with CPAP, but just barely
RE: Survived my first night with CPAP, but just barely
(11-24-2015, 08:57 AM)StoopidMonkey81 Wrote: trying to deal with a flow limit. Snoring looks like it went down as a result. Looking forward to trying these settings tonight from the start so I don't struggle as much falling asleep. I'm very glad I found this board because if not I'd probably still be in sleepless agony with a static pressure setting that was too low for me.

Congratulations!

Breathing is quite addictive. Once you get the machine dialed in, you're going to be very happy. There's nothing like waking up almost every morning, refreshed instead of zombified

It always saddens me that the doctors aren't taking care of this stuff. I realize they don't have infinite time and money, but it still sucks.

In any case, enjoy!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2015, 01:19 PM)StoopidMonkey81 Wrote: Thanks everybody! One more thing, am I supposed to empty out the humidifier every day or just keep topping it off & wash it out weekly?

According to the instructions, I think they want it rinsed and dried and refilled daily.

However . . .

I do mine about once a week and have never had an infection and the water stays clean. Other than that, I just top it off each night.

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't really wash the Humidifier Chamber every day, just empty the distilled water and let air dry.
I wash it once a week with dawn soap.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you're new to CPAP, be careful not to overanalyze things in a micro setting. If you do a setting change on anything, you must give it several days, maybe even a week or two, to see how things work out. I used to micro adjust nightly in the first few months trying to find the perfect setting. That was a mistake. A bad night sleep could be due to so many other things (eating too late, alcohol, anxiety, etc. etc. etc.).

Change one setting at a time and float with it for awhile so you can get an average result, before evaluating the effectiveness of that change.

I found the first couple of nights incredible as I was finally getting air. After that, I struggled with constant awakenings. I took me months before settling in, and about a year before I had a regular survival sleep night.

Post Reply Post Reply
WakeUpTime, as a quick aside I noticed in your signature that sleep apnea messed with your memory retention. I too have that issue, and am wondering if that's improved any since you started treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool [Diagnosis] Hello! Hola! New to CPAP, first night of SD card (Help Appreciated!) punkrockcholo 29 2,067 03-06-2024, 12:59 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Doubts about my diagnosis? (Test results + First night with CPAP) IAXEM 14 841 02-26-2024, 03:46 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  First night on CPAP. OSCAR feedback? brainfoggysleeper 7 322 02-24-2024, 08:44 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  New CPAP user - Longest night I've been able to keep it on bopbop 4 388 01-31-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bopbop
  new CPAP user night 12 .......runny nose Barbara Williams 0 332 11-11-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Barbara Williams
  [CPAP] Preparing for first night with CPAP (help required) applebee 2 421 10-28-2023, 11:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Night Guard use with CPAP brettski99 3 615 10-14-2023, 09:52 AM
Last Post: jstro84

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.