Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Blue Light-Filtering Glasses may help you
RE: Blue Light-Filtering Glasses may help you
just installed in Linux Mint 17 and definitely different.
I wonder if I can put it on my MythTv box driving a 42".
Tomorrow I'll find out. Grin
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
Below is a link to an excellent article that discusses exactly why blue light is a sleep killer. BTW - This site is a great site for any information about nutrition.

I hope this is a Board legal link (I am still a little confused about this), it contains so much great information that is truly life saving. It use to be 100% free, but now has some parts that are subscription only (I am not a member).

http://authoritynutrition.com/block-blue...ep-better/
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2015, 07:01 PM)sptrout Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 05:38 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: I'm wondering if prescription glasses with UV coating works for this.

No. UV has nothing to do with the problem, it is the color of the light especially the blue spectrum.
That's what I thought. Someone mentioned "UV glasses", but the problem is with visible blue light that is present during the daylight hours, but should be filtered out at night. My monitor is running the lux software, and the screen slowly turns kinda brownish at sunset.

Post Reply Post Reply
That was me about the "uv glasses". Uvex is a brand commonly used by folks who want to block blue light. They make "safety eyewear" you can wear over your prescription glasses.

Here is a comment on the Uvex S0360X: "blocks up to 540nm light, and blocks greater than 98% blue light".
Post Reply Post Reply
Cutting out blue light seems to be the latest thing. A recent update of kindle fire HD gave it Blue Shade.

From their site:
Quote:...works behind the scenes to automatically adjust and optimize the backlight for a more comfortable nighttime reading experience...
Blue Shade gives you the option to fine-tune the color settings, with the device intelligently adjusting the color filtering so that at any color or brightness, the blue wavelength light is always sufficiently suppressed compared to other wavelengths.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I installed f.lux on my two computers and it works well. Also added melatonin before going to bed--but something--or both work since I am falling asleep quickly now.
Post Reply Post Reply
As of a month ago, Apple disallowed downloading of f.lux. Apple claimed that "the f.lux for iOS download is in violation of the Developer Program Agreement."

The download is no longer available.

Whether this is an actual legal issue or Apple getting huffy and heavy-handed again is unclear, but the result is that iOS users can't get f.lux any more.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Blinking Red light on my Airsense 10 machine please ? What does it mean cajones 9 11,495 03-15-2024, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Airsense 10 - Bright light from on/off switch Dagmar 6 11,070 03-03-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: E.W.
  What do the red, green, blue and black blocks mean on the Oscar daily page? crazypiglady 3 470 11-12-2023, 01:45 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  RECOMMENDATION REQUESTED - LIGHT THERAPY srlevine1 0 351 07-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Screen Light - how to turn off Hopingforachange 4 2,095 04-04-2023, 01:50 AM
Last Post: zellem
  Phillips system one red light tmoody 1 506 01-18-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: tmoody
  Is it worth trying to use Blue Cross insurance? cannongeorge 0 782 12-26-2022, 05:32 PM
Last Post: cannongeorge

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.