Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME REMINDER
Angry 
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME REMINDER
Oh-jeez  REMINDER: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME FOR MANY OF US BEGINS SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2019, AT 2:00 A.M. WHEN WE SET OUR CLOCKS BACK ONE HOUR AND GET A MYTHICAL EXTRA HOUR OF SLEEP WITH NO AHIs.

Be sure you known how AND WHEN to set your clock back and mind the date so you do not overwrite previously recorded data.

What I do for my ResMed Airsense is to wait until after 3 pm on SATURDAY and set the clock back BEFORE USING THE MACHINE. Remember to check the date while you are in the settings.

Unless you are synchronizing your machine data with another device or manual log, many people do not bother with changing times except for a periodic refresh as all computer clocks run can be wonky over time due to the digital nature of the data.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME REMINDER
Some machines do not have a clock to set (Philips). On my Resmed, I just leave it at daylight time and it makes no difference as I can mentally offset the time for November-March. I don't compulsively look at my data, and my last download was 54 days ago, so that is a big part of it.

If you do reset your machine clock, do as Srlevine suggests, and make the change between 1:00 PM and before bedtime on Saturday.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wiki article on setting the clocks on some CPAP machines:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock
Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
At least this is the "good" time change. Hopefully the last too but life goes on anyway. Time change for everything but Dave's ASV.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
What is this setting the clocks back you talk of? In AZ we don't change our clocks. We just jump time zones (although technically we are Mountain Standard year round).

Even the dumbest person knows if you take a foot off a six foot blanket and sew it on the other end, you still have a six foot blanket.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2019, 09:11 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: What is this setting the clocks back you talk of? In AZ we don't change our clocks. We just jump time zones (although technically we are Mountain Standard year round).

Even the dumbest person knows if you take a foot off a six foot blanket and sew it on the other end, you still have a six foot blanket.

Yeah.....what Homer said! 

Here in AZ., we don't put up with such nonsense. We can also carry a firearm, either concealed or not, w/o the need for a permit, as long as you are at least 21 and no criminal record.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
OK well I'm at least 21 with no criminal record. Got room in state for a new no daylight saving time guy?

PS I'll pack my spine in the Samsonite carry on.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2019, 09:11 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: Even the dumbest person knows if you take a foot off a six foot blanket and sew it on the other end, you still have a six foot blanket.

But at least my feet are warm Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2019, 01:14 AM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 09:11 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: Even the dumbest person knows if you take a foot off a six foot blanket and sew it on the other end, you still have a six foot blanket.

But at least my feet are warm Big Grin

I keep seeing variations of cutting off a blanket and sewing it to the other end, and they often come from people in AZ, NV and CA.  We all experience DST and Standard Time differently depending on our location.  Arizona, at the southwestern extent of Mountain time experiences DST much differently than Idaho at the Northwestern extent, or North Dakota at the Northeastern limits.  Similarly, a person in Florida sees a much different daylight in Eastern Time than someone in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan where summer daylight often goes to 10:30 PM.  We can only guess at how the Alaskans feel with no summer darkness and constant winter darkness and time has no relevance to daylight at all. 

Arizona's solution effectively keeps them on daylight savings time all the time relative to MST, and that would be my preference as well.  I predict that California will ban standard time, and the western states will follow, continuing the trend of California either being the leading anarchist or just leader of being different.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the link to the wiki on changing the time on an S9. I recently added my husband's profile to my Oscar download and his time right now is 3 hours off--it shows him going to bed at 2100 instead of about 2400. The DST box in both of our profiles is not clicked on. After reading this thread and the wiki it looks like I should change that S9 time before going to bed, correct? I think the Oregon legislature has passed keeping standard time but it has not been enacted--waiting to see what California and Washington are doing,
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,436 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 173 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 808 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,222 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.