Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Not understanding how make my Autoset show my last night's sleep stats
Not understanding how make my Autoset show my last night's sleep stats
I just had this problem for the first time with my new machine, and it occur several times during my 5 night study (titration??), as well.

Last night, the machine showed that I used the thing for 0:19. That is clearly wrong. I used it the entire night, which was about 9hrs of sleep. 

How come the machine does not update and show the sleep stats properly on the screen? 

I know the 0:19 was improper, because when I logged into the myair site, it gave me the proper sleep stats of 9:20hr, which means it correctly uploaded the stats, but is not reflecting as much on the screen.

It could be that I am improperly turning off the machine? Usually, it should show the stats screen when I take the mask off my face and hit "stop" or "start" (since they both pause). I even tried power cycling the device by holding the power button off, but that didn't fully turn the machine off. Either that, or I don't know to turn it off properly LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Not understanding how make my Autoset show my last night's sleep stats
Are you sleeping past midday ? As all stats reset at midday or is you clock out by maybe 5 hrs ? Go inti the clinical menu and check, if the clock needs to go back do it just before you go to bed and it cannot go back to a point that would overwrite data
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2019, 05:34 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: Are you sleeping past midday ? As all stats reset at midday or is you clock out by maybe 5 hrs ? Go inti the clinical menu and check, if the clock needs to go back do it just before you go to bed and it cannot go back to a point that would overwrite data

YES! I woke up around 12:20 PM today, which would perfectly explain why it only showed 0:19 of use. 

The time zone is correct (I did set it prior to first use). Is there anything I can do for it to stop doing the "mid day" reset?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can either change the machine back a couple hours or use #Sleepyhead. That time past noon will still show on the next day, but you can actually over-ride that in the software preferences. As far as the machine statistics are concerned, it will add the time after noon to the next session, so you don't lose any hours, but if you usually sleep past noon, just change the machine clock a few hours and, while the time won't display properly, the sessions will stay together...your choice.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you sleep past 12:00 noon (according to the time on the device)? A lot of devices treat a day as noon to noon. Check to make sure your device's time is also set properly.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-09-2019, 07:02 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: You can either change the machine back a couple hours or use SleepyHead.  That time past noon will still show on the next day, but you can actually over-ride that in the software preferences.  As far as the machine statistics are concerned, it will add the time after noon to the next session, so you don't lose any hours, but if you usually sleep past noon, just change the machine clock a few hours and, while the time won't display properly, the sessions will stay together...your choice.

(03-09-2019, 08:48 PM)Dog Slobber Wrote: Did you sleep past 12:00 noon (according to the time on the device)? A lot of devices treat a day as noon to noon. Check to make sure your device's time is also set properly.

I don't have an SD card reader on my desktop, so I have to use my old laptop which has an SD card reader built in to use SH. I'll be working on that. Just need to get those Windows updates and such going. 

I routinely sleep in past noon on weekends so I anticipate this will be an issue for me on all weekends, but at least I'm up earlier than the week. I usually wake up between 12-1 on Saturday, and maybe 12'ish on Sunday. I don't think it's worth changing the device clock back an hour or two just to avoid the issue since I value accurate metrics.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,367 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 154 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 34 1,061 04-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Understanding OSCAR data BaldZoomer 3 210 04-01-2024, 02:22 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 195 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 115 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [Pressure] Understanding Pressure Settings on ASV Suzee 85 3,937 03-19-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: Suzee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.