Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] DMEs to begin delivering CPAPs for your pet
(04-01-2016, 03:24 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: I believe they will be covered under the new healthcare plan, Medicat .

Yep, they already have the website up and running. Just do a google search for "Medicat".

Eat-popcorn
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2016, 03:30 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Yep, they already have the website up and running. Just do a google search for "Medicat".
Eat-popcorn

Oops... my mistake. That's a private health care system for college-bound cats. The government Medicat website must still be in the creation stage.

[Image: chemistrycat000-75665.jpg]
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
What I'd like to see is a reverse CPAP that goes on your rear end for those of us who tend to be gassy at night.
Post Reply Post Reply

April 31st... nice touch.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2016, 03:40 PM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: What I'd like to see is a reverse CPAP that goes on your rear end for those of us who tend to be gassy at night.

Uh oh, you mean we are not supposed to connect our CPAP machine to our rear end? Wow, I bet that explains all the flatulence I have every morning!
I am not a Medical professional and I don't play one on the internet.
Started CPAP Therapy April 5, 2016
I'd Rather Be Sleeping
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe you could adapt something like this.

[Image: article-0-1D2972F000000578-98_634x415.jpg]

(04-01-2016, 03:40 PM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: What I'd like to see is a reverse CPAP that goes on your rear end for those of us who tend to be gassy at night.

Post Reply Post Reply

I had a cat that needed a CPAP. You could hear him all through the house, his snores were that loud.

I just downloaded the forms to fill out for one of our dogs, Sam. Wow, they want a lot of information! Some of it rather invasive. Does HIPAA apply here? Or would pets follow HIPPO?
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here's the link to the form in PDF format:
https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2016, 03:24 PM)FrankNichols Wrote: I believe they will be covered under the new healthcare plan, Medicat .

Don't you mean "Obamacat"?
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Your brain is not the boss.

Post Reply Post Reply

(04-01-2016, 09:26 PM)eseedhouse Wrote:

Don't you mean "Obamacat"?

Me like.
Just my personal opinion. My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact. Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel. Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry CPAPs Switched on Plane ndstate 15 611 09-15-2017, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Advice on travel CPAPs JaneAM 12 1,427 05-14-2017, 08:51 AM
Last Post: lab rat
Question Anyone know the best CPAPs for dry camping? Ailu 10 2,927 09-27-2015, 07:41 AM
Last Post: Ailu
  When did you first begin to suspect that you had apnea? OMyMyOHellYes 24 3,736 08-15-2015, 12:01 PM
Last Post: sleepygeek
  Kaiser Senior Advantage: CPAPs 2PAPs 2 1,686 06-14-2015, 09:47 PM
Last Post: 2PAPs
  So many questions... where to begin? scoobiedu 18 2,416 05-27-2015, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Brand Newbie: Where to begin SnoreGalore 12 3,363 05-12-2015, 06:45 PM
Last Post: truetopath