Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Daylight saving time (DST) ends at 2 AM Sunday, Nov. 5
Smile 
Daylight saving time (DST) ends at 2 AM Sunday, Nov. 5
As a reminder to our forum members.... in many areas, Daylight Saving Time (DST) ends at 2 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 5, which means you'll need to set your clocks back (“fall back”) one hour before going to bed tonight (Saturday night).

Daylight saving time is the practice of advancing clocks during summer months so that evening daylight lasts longer. Typically, regions that use daylight saving time adjust clocks forward one hour close to the start of spring and adjust them backward in the autumn to standard time.

The main purpose of daylight saving time for most countries is to make better use of daylight and to conserve energy.

George Hudson proposed the idea of daylight saving in 1895. The German Empire and Austria-Hungary organized the first nationwide implementation of DST, starting on April 30, 1916.

Today, daylight saving time is used in over 70 countries worldwide and affects over 1 billion people every year. The beginning and end dates vary from one country to another.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Daylight saving time (DST) ends at 2 AM Sunday, Nov. 5
If (for some reason) you need to reset your CPAP date or time, here's some helpful hints:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock

Eat-popcorn
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reminder SuperSleeper!

What's with the small font?   Eat-popcorn
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know you had to set the clock on the Bipap machine. I'm use to my computer auto setting the clock.
You saved me from a hassle with sleepyhead tomorrow.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
We had this a couple of weeks ago.
I will just leave the clock, it will be at the correct time in the summer Smile 
It is only an hour and not critical to the machine.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
DST over .... THANK GOODNESS!!!

Now, if we could just get everybody to set their clocks to GMT and use that as a universal time standard, we'd be good to go.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
Ever the revolutionary, eh, OMMOHY?

I'd be happy if we just stayed with Standard Time year round.

Of course, Michigan should be in the Central Time Zone... and maybe some other changes...
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, you know that there are discussions about how much DST saves these days vs. the hassles it causes. In any case, it's a good time to check your device for time drift. Mine was off almost half an hour since the last time I checked it. This makes it hard to match your oxy readings to your machine. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2017, 06:10 PM)OpalRose Wrote: What's with the small font?   Eat-popcorn

That's what I get for copying and pasting something... it carries over the formatting, but I didn't notice... Oh-jeez 

Anyways, if anyone is reading this now and you haven't moved your clock back an hour, you're going to be awfully confused when you show up for work at your normal time tomorrow and you're the only one there.  Grin
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
I think I smell a lawsuit on the bogus daylight savings time gimmick. I've never been able to save any daylight time in all my 48 years...I seem to have the same amount as everyone else despite my best effort to save some DST.

Dielaughing Dave Coffee Happy weekend y'all.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 159 5 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 56 880 Yesterday, 02:05 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 119 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 265 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 296 03-27-2024, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,958 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 799 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.