Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with Fisher and Paykel Auto CPAP
Help with Fisher and Paykel Auto CPAP
I recently got the Fisher & Paykel auto cpap. I had been using and old model. This machine changes pressure with every breath!! I talked to the technician and he said this was the very same kind of machine I had before. I looked up some information and called him back. I told him it it seemed like there is a difference between auto cpap and just cpap. he says no?? He says constant pressure is constant pressure. This is a cpap just like any other. I do more research. I call him back. I tell him I learned that this machine is switchable between the two. He admits this is true, but insists the setting is on CPAP not AUTO. But I cry ... the output pressure is going up and down with every breath. If I turn it on without wearing the mask the pressure drops way down. If I cough or something it seems like it gets out of rhythm with my breathing for a moment or two. My old machine did nothing like this! HELP!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Fisher and Paykel Auto CPAP
welcome to the board ... which F&P machine are you using
you can find setup menu instructions section one and and setup manual section three ... just make sure you ask for the right one
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual

you have to find out what the machine set at and if set to start at lower pressure also if sensawake (Icon) is enabled.
Icon video
http://vimeo.com/20560260

most apap users here uses either S9 Autoset or Phillips Respironcis System One Auto
both are easy to use and supported by free available software... resscan and sleepyhead

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Fisher and Paykel Auto CPAP
Hi ronaldedennis and WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't know the answer to your question but hang in there and someone will be able to help you soon.
Best of luck to you with your new machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 29 3,912 03-15-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Vako
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,581 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 578 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 2,999 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.