Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Europeans: On Vacation and Sick? A Court Says Take Another
Or vote on how long you can stay in office. Term limits will never happen as long as the people it affects are the ones to decide it.
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
we just voted and got an 8% pay rise, we also get double and treble time for holiday periods oh and we get full pay when on the sick so in theory I can go off work for over 4 months and still get my full pay Cool

"Show me the Money" Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-22-2012, 11:40 PM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: we just voted and got an 8% pay rise, we also get double and treble time for holiday periods oh and we get full pay when on the sick so in theory I can go off work for over 4 months and still get my full pay Cool

This is what is known as "unsustainable" in economic circles. Cool
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

(06-23-2012, 08:01 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 11:40 PM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: we just voted and got an 8% pay rise, we also get double and treble time for holiday periods oh and we get full pay when on the sick so in theory I can go off work for over 4 months and still get my full pay Cool

This is what is known as "unsustainable" in economic circles. Cool

Walmart have no choice in this country, its pay up or ship out Too-funny

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2012, 03:42 AM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: Walmart have no choice in this country, its pay up or ship out Too-funny

It's amazing to me that a company can stay in business and remain competitive with their workforce having the option to not work and still get paid for up to 1/3 of the year.

Maybe UK workers are more principled than workers in the U.S.. if a company gave such benefits here, the vast majority of the workforce would be home "sick" enjoying a paid vacation for 1/3 of the year... I guarantee it.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Probably why everything over here is so expensive $2.33 for a litre of petrol its enough to make ya weep Crying-into-tissue
Post Reply Post Reply

(06-27-2012, 01:31 PM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: Probably why everything over here is so expensive $2.33 for a litre of petrol its enough to make ya weep Crying-into-tissue

That's pretty steep. That's about $7-$8 bucks a gallon. We are currently paying around $4 per gallon here so figure roughly half. I'll give up some vacation time for half price gas! Too-funny
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2012, 01:50 PM)mjbearit Wrote:
(06-27-2012, 01:31 PM)Dreamcatcher Wrote: Probably why everything over here is so expensive $2.33 for a litre of petrol its enough to make ya weep Crying-into-tissue

That's pretty steep. That's about $7-$8 bucks a gallon. We are currently paying around $4 per gallon here so figure roughly half. I'll give up some vacation time for half price gas! Too-funny

I wouldnt Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't get any vacation now so I'm all for it! LOL!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Poor Europe they just can't get nothing right haha. I mean seriously, if you get sick from vacation you get another vacation? this is happening before our eyes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vacation Destinations gargoyle999 11 636 08-19-2016, 12:56 PM
Last Post: pupcamper
  [News] Supreme Court rules Drug Companies exempt from Lawsuits ApneaNews 6 2,002 07-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Shastzi