Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Expectant Father Dies in Crash; Family Blames Sleep Disorder
RE: Expectant Father Dies in Crash; Family Blames Sleep Disorder
I had similar problems. My insurance required me to go to the doctor and have my O2 tested before and after walking back and forth in his hallway. 
When I pointed out to the doctor that I seldom walk while I am asleep, he wrote a very explicit prescription for my O2 supplies. 

With my oxygen concentrator plugged into my CPAP mask and my CMS50I I can fine tune my O2 saturation to maintain it above 90 during sleep. 

You need to be your own strongest advocate and never give up.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Expectant Father Dies in Crash; Family Blames Sleep Disorder
(03-29-2018, 07:22 AM)JesseLee Wrote:
(03-29-2018, 05:51 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Doctors over here still look at someone and if they are not over weight they dismiss it as not being Sleep Apnea, only to find after loads of other tests they have to put them for tests for Sleep Apnea in the end.

I had the superficial profiling technique applied to me by the technicians at my sleep study. I'm 6'2" and 210 lbs (1.88m, 95kg) and the sleep tech wanted to know why I was having a study as she said that my body type didn't match the typical apnea patient. Ignorance doesn't have a profile either.

Same with my BIL's son.  He's 6'5, 210 lbs, didn't snore.  However, he would fall asleep while in a conversation with you.  We are ever so thankful that this never happened when he was driving!  Initially, we thought he might have narcolepsy, but it turned out to be sleep apnea.  Like me, he didn't have the problem long term - just suddenly developed. Still don't know why he suddenly developed it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 113 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 185 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 373 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
Gross Family member thinks my SA is a scam?? sleepadventurer 19 996 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,316 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Treatment] How can my father improve his AHI? azaz1994 7 497 08-21-2023, 04:59 AM
Last Post: azaz1994
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 793 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.