Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
RE: Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
OK!  These filter diffusers have been working like a charm.  I used my oximeter to verify I hadn't trapped any CO2, or at least it wasn't enough to effect my normal readings.  All is good.  I verified that I wasn't covering any vent hole with the tape.  Also, my taping looks a lot better in total darkness.

There is a little recess inside the mask that may allow a piece of filter to be placed there. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising.

Here are the pics:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=41821]  [Image: attachment.php?aid=41822]
"No vent hole was injured in the taping of this mask." Big Grin

- Red

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good Red, I did the same last night with just a very small amount of filter over the vents.  I still felt that air was escaping from them, but it had no effect on me as far as air blowing on my arms or on my pillow.  I will post my results.  I had a 0 Ahi and 0 leaks.  The only issue with the full face mask as compared with the dreamwear nasal is my 95th pressure is much lower with the  nasal mask and I reach my maximum pressure with the full face compared to with the nasal.   Is it correct even though I got no leaks and a zero ahi that I should increase my pressure when using a full face mask?  I will post my results to get feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will absolutely defer to one of the experts. In this layman's understanding, the machine itself makes the necessary adjustments when you change the mask setting parameter to full face.
Post Reply Post Reply
A little update on the diffuser.  Placement of the filter inside the mask, over the vents, was a bust.   I realized that you are not quietening the air, but rather you are quietening the air as it passes out the vent holes.  Meaning, the diffuser must go on the outside of the mask.  Duh!

Also, I was looking for an easier method for attaching the filter material.  I found I had the same sound reduction by just cutting a Resmed filter in half and tapping it on the top and the bottom.   This reduced total time to about 10 minutes, is less tedious, and is just as effective at diffusion.   This concept should work on other masks that are presenting with excessive noise or the mask is blowing in someone else's face.

I hope this may help someone.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's great news, Red. I am looking forward to trying Evora Full when it becomes available -- and am not very handy when it comes to MacGyver-ing things. This fix is one I CAN do, so will try it. Thanks much. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a great idea! I'm going to have to try it with mine. I assume there's no restriction with the mask venting.
Post Reply Post Reply
No restrictions at all, just allowing the air to be diffused more softer.
Post Reply Post Reply
On line ordering is now available in the US.
Post Reply Post Reply
I noticed that every site I went to, either had them listed as "Out-of-Stock" or "Available for Pre-order". I can say, that all sites listing the Evora FFM, had the price of $149 USD.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New Fischer & Paykel Full Face Mask
Get ready boys and girls. The F&P Evora Full just got FDA clearance. Shouldn't be much longer.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused and frustrated - question about F&P Evora NewlyDiagnosed 12 345 04-20-2024, 10:24 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 31 4,815 04-20-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 12 301 04-20-2024, 02:13 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 10 1,867 04-16-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 468 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 366 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 700 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.