Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
RE: Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
@David Clark
I've done the same thing. The hose fitting isn't circular. Mine leaked like heck until I took it off and discovered this. Back on it fits well doesn't leak and is quiet.

Hope this helps.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fisher and Paykel Evora Full Good Results
Finally!

Ive been switching masks.  my regular mask has been ResMed N30i for the last while, with soft cervical collar. Had problems tried the F&P Evora Full again.

last night's post is attached.

Cervical Collar
F&P Evora Full full face mask.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I was a early adopter of this mask. At first I thought it was great, but then I sarted to have bad leak problems. Changed the cushion and the headgear, but this made no difference. Some good nights, but the bad ones were awful.

Went back to the F20 (foam cushion). More consistent, but still had some bad leaks. I seemed to have sorted this out though by changing my sleeping pillow from a down/feather one to a latex one. This is more supportative and has given me much better nights. I may try the Evora full mask again eith this new pillow, but I am not in a great hurry to do that!
Post Reply Post Reply
I saw a comment in the review for this mask about irritation on the bottom of the nose.

I just solve this with mine. I adjusted and lengthened the strap that goes over the top of my head. Problem is gone.

I wish I could solve the leak issue I have. I can wear this mask all night. Miracle! It leaks like a .... sive? (sp?)
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave did you just loosen the strap that’s on the crown of your head?  If not please explain, thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. I loosened the strap on the top of my head; that solved the mask pressure on the bottom of my nose problem I caused.

When I bought this mask I watched all the videos I could, then downloaded "my mask" and followed instructions there.

Yesterday I had an appointment with my DME Supplier. I'm very grateful. After all I had bought my mask online to save money (quite a bit!). The lady that helps me there spent quite a bit of time with me, using my mask, my hose, and my machine. Lesson learned: my mask was too loose. It's tighter now, fits better, and when I load it into OSCAR I'll see how much better it is. I did get all happy faces on my S10 display this morning.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
@SarcasticDave94
Thanks so much for your suggestion!

I'm very happy I bought this mask!

I'm ecstatic that I approached my DME Supplier and they fit the mask for me, even though I bought it online.

Summary
Even though the mask is tighter now, it's really comfortable.  The lady who helped me did real magic.

I messed up by adjusting (tightening) the strap over my head.  It caused discomfort as the mask pushed up on my nose.  Making the strap longer solved the problem.

I'm getting very good treatment wearing the mask now.

DaveL
Toronto
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Dave, that is great news!!!  Please keep us posted on your continued success.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had a rough night last night. I was up 3 times for that quick walk to the little room!
AHI was 3.3 for the night.
Had to adjust the mask straps. I had marked where the fitter had set them. Glad i did. Then I had tightened a couple of them. That worked for a night...but last night I had squished nose from the mask. "Piggy nose" is what the fitter described!

That's ok. Good news is I'm learning how to put the mask back on in the dark. (Maybe that's why I had to take it off 3 times!)

Thanks for your good wishes.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I was using the F30i and decided to give the Evora full a try and after using both, I have to give the advantage to the Evora. Being a side sleeper, I would often have leak issue with the F30i and the Evora full seems to stay in place much better, probably because the harness gives you three points of adjustment rather than one. It also offers more rigidity around the nose area without being uncomfortable. I do prefer the magnets on the F30i to the clips on the Evora, but that's a minor inconvenience.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confused and frustrated - question about F&P Evora NewlyDiagnosed 12 335 04-20-2024, 10:24 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 31 4,787 04-20-2024, 06:21 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 12 294 04-20-2024, 02:13 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 10 1,855 04-16-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 464 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 359 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 691 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.