Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
RE: New Fischer & Paykel Full Face Mask
No info yet that I'm aware of.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see you are using the AirFIT 20-have you tried the AirTOUCH 20 with the foam cushion? The AirFit leaks with me also but the foam version is virtually leakproof except when I lift it up to scratch my face or nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are so many brands and masks .... are you suggesting the Vitera face mask?  It has a plastic piece, between the eyes, to help NOT lie on top of the nasal bridge.  That does help.  The air from the machine comes out at the top, around the eyes and for some, that's an issue.  I got used to it.  But the headgear still has to be 'fit' for your face!

I have the Vitera and have as many leaks as the Resmed F20.  AGAIN, it's the headgear -- the Vitera mask can work for many people (I think I have a total of 6 different masks -- trying to find a perfect fit and it's been a challenge.)

I often switch from the F20 to the Vitera, even to the new full face mask, that looks like a plate!  Respironics, I believe.  Started with the Fit Life (or Life Fit?) last night and it was horrible -- I had epic snores and my mouth was so dry, my throat was raw.  Got up around midnight, switched back to the F20 and slept through the night.

It's all trial and error .... I wish someone would invent a full head mask -- like a paper bag that goes over the head -- someway tighten it around the neck and go for it.  Every face is not the same -- the crevices at the head or cheeks or chin -- I haven't found a perfect fitting mask.  I have high cheekbones -- so I tighten the headgear to fit there snuggly, but then I have air spaces lower, around my cheeks -- even on both sides of my chin.  Even above my cheekbones, at my temples -- I can't get the headgear to be tight enough there; or in all the right places.   I always though I had a 'round' face but not by any masks and headgear that I've been using!

The place where I get my supplies -- the guy will say to just 'fit the mask to the face' -- not too snug.  WELL, I do that.  The first time I move my head to the left, that 'not too snug' mask, moves the opposite way -- doesn't follow my face!  I've had to take the mask completely off and put it back on to get it in position -- or my machine gives me the red sad face that the mask isn't fitting correctly.

And the headgear -- tighten that baby up and I have ridges on the back of my neck.  

It's been two years of wearing a CPAP and it really has improved my breathing and sleeping (especially to be in the same house as others trying to sleep).  But, it's still a challenge.  With winter and my dryer house, the humidity changes and this too is an issue for the dry mouth and dry eyes -- I'm going to up the humidity level again tonight.  The summer will be different, all over again.

Good luck --- not to be a 'downer' but I guess to reorder, I'll stick with the F20.  And have a sore nasal bridge and red as Rudolph.  Being female, I use a lot of concealer!

Sad
Post Reply Post Reply
No, this thread is about the soon (hopefully) to be released F&P Evora Full Face Mask. This is a hybrid design that looks close to the Resmed F30 and F30i series. This mask is currently only available in Australia.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sideslieeper, You're the second person I've heard recommend this mask in the same terms. I've spent too much on masks recently, only to resume using using nasals! I'm a mouth breather and would love to find a FFM that doesn't leak like a sieve. when I feel like playing the ponies again I'll probably try this mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is my news article on the same Evora Full mask:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Evora+Full
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
Add me to the "curious, hopeful, and impatient" list.

Harv
Thanks to everyone who helps us get a better night's sleep.

Anything I post here or elsewhere on these forums is my opinion, not medical advice. Medical advice comes from a doctor.
An Advisory Member is a member of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.
Such membership does not imply medical expertise or qualifications for advising sleep apnea patients about their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I received the Evora Full in the mail yesterday. It took nearly a month to arrive due to delays with international shipping. I used the mask last night, so my impression is only based on using it once so far.

I have tried other similar full face masks (F30i and DreamWear) but could not get them to seal reliably. The Evora Full mask is rather easy to adjust and I did not have any leaks throughout the night. 

The mask is very quiet, which is something my wife commented on in the morning.

The air vents out of the front of the mask, which I could see might be an issue, depending on sleeping position, as it is not diffused at all.

The one thing I dislike about the mask is that there are no magnetic clips to assist in putting on the mask. There are plastic clips that need to be snapped into place.

Overall, the Evora Full is a comfortable mask, and seems to provide a reliable seal. For me, it is much more comfortable than the DreamWear or the F30i.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleep-well   As you can tell from my emoticon, I'm green with envy.   Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really wonder what is taking F&P so long to release the Evora full face mask.  Usually as far as I know a new product is released in the states earlier.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 8 140 Yesterday, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 10 1,819 04-16-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 30 4,592 04-13-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Confused and frustrated - question about F&P Evora NewlyDiagnosed 11 229 04-10-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 445 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 325 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 664 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.