Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
RE: Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
Well, my little puppy is on its way via DHL. It is supposed to be delivered by Thursday, April 14th. We'll see. . . Eat-popcorn
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
And here we go!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried it yet David?
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-09-2022, 01:36 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Have you tried it yet David?

I did. I tried it last night. So far I'm liking it. 0 leaks and doesn't seem like I have to have it as snug as my Dreamwear. I don't want to come out this early and say I like it better than the Dreamwear FFM but I thinking I might. We'll see how night two goes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
The one problem I have noticed is since I am a side sleeper it’s difficult for me since the exhalation vents are so close to the bottom of the mask.  I constantly feel the air hitting my arm or the pillow.  How are managing this?  Any wisdom you can share? I like where they were placed the vents on the dreamwear full face better.  Wonder why they placed them so low on the cushion?
Post Reply Post Reply
I did notice the vents but they don't really bother me because I sleep on my back. I can see how it would be a problem though. At first I thought the mask was a little bit loud...louder than the Dreamwear anyway...but either I got used to it or it was my imagination. I kind of wish it had the swivel elbow like the Vitera but maybe they couldn't incorporate that into this design. I wish I had words of wisdom for your issue but I'm thinking "sleep on your back" isn't it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well David, I am trying to avoid sleeping on my back because of a possible palatal prolapse that I possibly am suffering with.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
(04-09-2022, 06:37 PM)yankees123 Wrote: The one problem I have noticed is since I am a side sleeper it’s difficult for me since the exhalation vents are so close to the bottom of the mask.  I constantly feel the air hitting my arm or the pillow.  How are managing this?  Any wisdom you can share? I like where they were placed the vents on the dreamwear full face better.  Wonder why they placed them so low on the cushion?

Yes, you are right about that and it is a bit of a nuisance.  Especially after using an Eson 2 with a diffuser for so many tears.  I actually find it noisy if the air hits the pillow or the blanket.

On one hand, I have just acquired a CPAP pillow that has a space on the side for the air to come out without making a noise,  Otherwise I just tuck my arms and hands in under the sheets.  That does occasionally require an unusual positioning of my arms but it hasn't stopped me from falling asleep yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you take a picture of the pillow you have Stuart C?
Post Reply Post Reply
Nicko from the CPAP Reviews YouTube channel did a video a while ago about the "Best CPAP Pillow".  The pillow that he reviewed is no longer available, that I could find, but when I followed the link at the end of the video, I saw one that looked like the one attached.  I am not sure who actually makes it, but I know I could have bought it direct from ResMed here in Australia or several other online suppliers.

I had bee looking at a different pillow with complete cut-outs on the sides and a special pillow case but I liked the fact that this was still essentially rectangular and I use a normal pillow case, though the pillow is a bit smaller than a standard one.  It also did not harm that this one was half the price of the other.  So I do not know if it is the best one, just that having the cut outs on the sides allows for the air to diffuse from the mask without making a noise as was happening with a standard pillow.  I am sure any CPAP pillow would do that just as well.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New F&P Evora Full Face Mask--Leaks! DaveL 83 2,689 Today, 03:13 AM
Last Post: yankees123
  [CPAP] how to reduce leaks, full face mask newmar 59 3,335 Yesterday, 11:53 PM
Last Post: newmar
  AHi gone up five fold using Resmed F30 full face mask Summer 17 665 Yesterday, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Summer
  F30 Full Face Mask - total failure?? BobH56 19 735 07-20-2022, 04:35 PM
Last Post: PsychoMike
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 0 182 06-11-2022, 09:54 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
  DreamWear full face mask noise in magnet clips andreasnasioudis 4 1,852 05-12-2022, 08:05 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  [Equipment] philips dreamwear full face cushion - no magnets? fizbinn2021 2 248 05-11-2022, 11:22 PM
Last Post: fizbinn2021

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.