Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
RE: Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
This is just a preliminary observation based on a few nights but I seem to get better AHI numbers wearing my Dreamwear FFM than I do with my Evora. Not radically better, maybe 1 or 2 AHI/hr. I just noticed that when I started using the Evora my numbers were a little higher than they had been with the Dreamwear so a couple nights ago I went back to the Dreamwear, just to see, and my numbers went back down again. Both masks fit well with no leaks and I actually think the Evora is more comfortable. It could just be the randomness of events and coincidence. I don't know enough about all this to know if a mask can cause numbers to go up or down.
Post Reply Post Reply
My story...mask choice. Want an alternate/replacement for my N20 ResMed. I have a cut on the tip of my nose from mine.

I've tried a bunch. Worst? P30i!

Got a notice that the P30i was priced really low. Bought one. It's been getting better. Finally night before last, AHI= 0.6! And last night AHI=0.9!

Lesson? Persevere. And know that how I feel is more important than the numbers.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
Evora Full is available in the US now. I just received mine in the mail today and will be trying it tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Im located in Australia and got the Evora FFM about 8 weeks ago. I made a post in the Mask Review Forum before I was advised that this thread was running.

Ive tried to use the dam thing, first night was brilliant but since then its been so frustrating with major leaks and discomfort to the tip of the nose. To say I am disappointed is an understatement. I agree with comments about the expelled air and the tip of the inner nostrils getting tender. The catches on the straps are odd but you do get accustomed fast.

I have used it and I failed for a couple of evenings then I go back to my Resmed F20, then a week or so later I try again but fail again Sad I have done this about 4 times now. Its so frustrating, I hope that you guys have a better result but this fellah is just about to put it in front of the cars wheels and drive right over in Sad I was so hopeful, although in all honesty I probably try again in a few weeks because it looks so good and perhaps it just doesn't work well for side sleepers.

Pressure is only 11.6, I've done 13 months on the Resmed F20 FFM and my AHI is normally under 0.9. Cost was $180.00 AUS.

Good luck everyone Smile
I live in the Land Downunder
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a bummer Snooks. I have one on pre-order and hope to get it within a couple of weeks. I also use an F20 and occasionally use an F30i when my nose gets too sore. I'm hoping for the Evora Full to be a winner but I didn't have any luck with other F&P FFM so who knows. Maybe you'll get used to it or be able to switch off with the F20. It costs around $150 here in the States.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hopefully it works better for you than it did for me.

I will probably try again next week. After two evenings of failure I always go back to the Resmed and then get 5-6 decent nights before trying again. You dont remember how bad you use to feel until you get that foggy head and the headaches back after 2 crap nights.

Let us know how you get on. Cheers.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's kind of the way it was for me with the F30i. You need to regroup and get a few good nights before you can try again. Or take a few naps in the afternoon.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Snooks thanks for your note.
I recently spent some time trying nasal pillows masks and full face masks.

I've used ResMed N20 masks for several years. I even have a stockpile of parts just in case. But I mouthbreth. So I'm looking for a way to prevent that, or a ffm to use in case I need to switch from a nasal mask. I've used nasal pillows masks a lot in the past.

Along the way I got a loaner N?P?30i to try. I put it on in the middle of the night. Just the mask. No tape. No strap. No cervical collar. I was exhausted and didn't put it on adjusted as it should have been

Result was AHI=43! Laughing at myself.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
So received my Evora Full a few days ago and have had 2 nights using it. So far, the best FFM I have used. No leaks and very comfortable for me. I thought from several comments in this forum that I would have issues with the vent holes, but they don’t bother me in the least. I am sensitive to how masks are vented (pitch/sound/angle) and this mask doesn’t blow air on me, nor can I hear it venting. I do agree with David Clark that the mask would be better with a swivel elbow connection and magnetic clips on the strap however, with that said it isn’t a showstopper for me.

My go to mask is a P10, however I am a mouth breather and must tape my mouth and use a jaw strap with the P10. Once and a while I need a break from that setup.

I have tried several masks over the past few years with the F30i being the best FFM fit for me vs the F20, F30, Dreamwear FFM, or Vitera. Between the F30i and the Evora FFM, I find the Evora more comfortable with absolutely no leaks.

I am only two nights in, so really need to continue to use this to see if my experience continues to be positive.
Post Reply Post Reply
This discussion compelled me to try the Evora FFM again.

It took me around 20mins of fiddling to get the nose seal perfect and comfy, then I woke up a few times throughout the sleep and gently had to move the mask a bit and I was sore under the nose between the nostrils. Perhaps my nose stocks out to far?? End result is I will probably never use this piece of crap ever again, it just does not hold a seal for me. First time i move it just breaks the seal and leaks. I only did just over 4 hrs and I had endured enough.

Ive had enough of it now.......... . When you first put it on it feels so great but the results are dreadful. Since I bought it in early January I have done probably 20 evenings on the mask and the only successful one was the very first evening. I will stick with my Resmed F20 FFM from now on Sad

Leak rate was 51.6% of the evening.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 278 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 29 3,903 03-15-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Vako
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 511 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
Cool Comparisons to F&P Evora Mask SheShells23 9 356 03-05-2024, 03:19 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 693 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 394 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 445 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.