Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
RE: Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
* adjusted the mask as best I could.
* put it on (not attached to the cpap machine)
* took the 1 foot F&P hose and BLOCKED IT
* leaked along the top edge
* I let the two top straps out until the leak stopped. The cushion inflated and sealed
* did the same with the bottom two straps until the leak stopped
* went back to the two top straps--didn't need to adjust them further.

edited my post above. Sorry for the mistake. Wish I could change that post.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using this mask now for just over 2 months and with the exception of about 3  dodgy nights, it has worked very well for me. Much more reliable than the F20 which had the bad habit of slipping up my face ending up with the bottom seal in my mouth.  Foam version was better, but still hit and miss! This is the first FFM that really works for me!

But I can see why the Evora full does not work for everyone.  The 3 different cushion sizes (XS/SM/L) seem to only vary in the nose part.  The rest of the cushions seem to be about the same size for all 3. If this size suits your face, good. If not, I can see why you might get unstoppable leaks! 

A couple of minor quibbles though.  I am using it with my Resmed Airsense 10 and I have noticed that when I take the mask off the machine does not automatically switch off. No matter how long you leave it blowing. This feature works for me with all other masks I have used but not with the Evora Full.  And I cannot use it with higher levels of humidity as I get rainout.  I am sure that this is due to the unnecessarily long "elephant trunk" mask tube. While the main tube is heated, this final portion is left exposed to the cold Melbourne (AU) winter. But I can live with these nuisances as the overall result is so positive!
Post Reply Post Reply
I've posed elsewhere.

I bought this mask to give it a try. I couldn't find a loaner. About $180 Canadian with 13% sales tax extra. I really wanted this mask to work.

I've had serious trouble with leaks. After about 5 nights of use, I'm not using the mask now. Why?

I think it's the headgear. When I move while sleeping the headgear moves on my head....and pulls the mask so it leaks. Got so bad I couldn't sleep. I kept checking for leaks. I've posted how I adjusted the mask. However, doing so I've had one or both of the bottom straps fall off during the night. Then I tried using my Knightsbridge Dual Band cap over the headgear. After a washroom break I changed masks, rather than use the F&PEFull mask.

Dave
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
A thumbs-up for the Knightsbridge Dual Band cap.

I am using it again....

In a sense the KDB is like a mask. I must be really careful when I put it on, or it doesn't work. My issue is brain fog and poor sleep. When I hurry I fail. Same with mask adjustment.

It helped stabilize the headgear on the F&P Evora Full. Kept it from sliding around during the night, that ruined the mask seal. In the last instance I had trouble with the bottom straps coming off the bottom of the Evora Full during the night. Too loose....
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry that so many people are having problems with the Evora full.  After several days of adjusting the mask, I can finally sleep with the mask.  I have no leaks but I need to place a piece of tape on the tip of my nose to avoid discomfort.  I am a side sleeper and the vents are a real issue for me.  I solved this problem by cutting small pieces of a filter and placing them over the holes. The other thing I had to do was increase my pressure settings from what I use when I wear my nasal mask.  
It’s difficult but it’s worth the effort to keep trying, good luck all.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your post really helps. Thanks.

I *think* that I've worked out how to find leaks.

I *think* there is another step--tighten the bottom straps. I'll try it when I've found some patience....
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Greetings. Brand new to this forum but 8 year user of ASV machine. Usually I use the F&P Oracle mouth mask because I am a heavy mouth breather with a very thin face. Earlier FFMs were way to wide for me and always had leaks. However the nose plugs that are needed with the Oracle slowly stretched out my nose and leaks could not be stopped.

Previous hybrid masks also gave me leaks at the nose because the nose "platform" was too wide.

Enter my recent trial with the Evora FULL with the S-M cushion and VOILA! works great, no leaks, comfortable. I am a side sleeper almost exclusively. The plastic support wings really help the cushion stay sealed to the sides of your nose and reduce leaks. This is revolutionary for my skinny face.

However the mask has one very peculiar feature with a very long thin diameter lead-in hose from the regular heated hose hook up. If you use high heat and humidity and have a cool room temperature, you may get massive rain-out like I did the first night. I was WET! So my wife quickly made me a fleece "cozy" for the length of the tube and the problem disappeared. Why they just didn't put a swivel on the front is beyond me.

As the above poster mentioned, the cushion sizes are just for the nose size, both width and length. I had a fit pack so I got all three. The XS and the large leaked all over the place for me but the S-M was perfection. This will be my mask now to replace the Oracle and stop the massive stretching of my nostrils! LOL.

One last thing. Because of the long thin lead-in tube, the mask is hard to breath through when not hooked up to your machine, so if you like to delay "plugging in' at night but with the mask on your face, you will definitely want the machine supplying some pressure. Otherwise it feels a bit like breathing through a straw.

First mask that has ever fit my thin face!
Post Reply Post Reply
Labromaniac! Good to see your post. I just left a post on your other comment about the ASV. Great score! I don't have the skill to answer your questions. I'm interested. Experts here have suggested I should look into getting one.

I have a wide, round face. Maybe that's my trouble.
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
Also wanted to see if anyone else has this problem.  When I wear the Evora full I don’t get rainout but I have to remove the mask a couple of times each night I wear it because the area around my mouth seems moist.  So I remove the mask and take a towel to remove the moisture.  I have reduced my humidity and the tube temperature but still getting this.  I might try using a regular slim tubing and not the heated one to see if there is any difference.  
Any ideas or anyone else have this issue?
Post Reply Post Reply
My solution was a cozy made out of fleece for the F&P long tube that then connects to the heated tube. My thought is that it is simply the temperature change from heated tube to the strangely long Evora Full tube. Once I did this, all the extra moisture disappeared. The hot humid air made it into me rather than condensing into a colder mask or colder tube. Hope that helps.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 30 4,476 04-13-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Confused and frustrated - question about F&P Evora NewlyDiagnosed 11 215 04-10-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 439 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 300 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 651 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
Cool Comparisons to F&P Evora Mask SheShells23 9 465 03-05-2024, 03:19 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 749 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.