Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
RE: Fisher and Paykel Evora Full
Remember that almost no matter what humidity and temperature you set on the machine, the air in your lungs is warmer and wetter. When it comes out, if the mask is too much cooler (A/C blowing on your face, etc) that moisture will condense on your mask and face. I think the tube cosy is the best solution.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your quick reply.  I have used a wrapping around the short tube with other masks.  The problem I found with this is that it made the short tube a little stiff and wasn’t as comfortable.  Do you find this when you use the cover with the Evora?
Post Reply Post Reply
No because the tube on the Evora Full is astoundingly long, thin and flexible. (odd design in my opinion, but it works)
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Labromaniac, will try and let you know the results.
Post Reply Post Reply
One thing that happened last night that might help someone.  In the middle of the night I woke up because the mask was making a lot of noise.  I tried to reseat the mask but no change.  What I found is that one of the clips was not inserted correctly and was lifting up the mask.  So make sure you hear the snap when connecting the clips.  After I did it was very quiet again.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a question. Recently trying full mask evora and found that it sticks to back of my neck hard that if I twist around to sleep on side I get severe neck pain. If I loosen the lower straps which I believe is controlling the neck portion, leaks happen. Does anyone know how to fix this ?
Post Reply Post Reply
New finding with my use of this mask. The underside of my nose that makes contact with the silicone nose "platform" is beginning to get sore even though my straps are fairly loose and the plastic frame is making some red marks on my cheeks. Again maybe I have the straps too tight. Looser straps tend to encourage leaks however with side sleeping and pillow contact pushing the mask slightly laterally. Will continue to post as time goes on
Post Reply Post Reply
Two nights ago I tried my Evora full again because I've been neglecting it, even though I think it's more comfortable than the Dreamwear FFM that I wear. Somehow during the night I managed to pull the Evora hose completely loose from the mask. It woke me up and while half asleep I tried and failed to snap the hose back onto the mask. I threw it in the floor, grabbed my Dreamwear and went back to sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry to hear about the problems you are having with the mask David.    It definitely takes some tweaking but it is worth it once you figure it out.  Hang in there and keep trying.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried hard to be successful using this mask. However, it ain't working....came back to read the posts here.

I really like the way the mask is made. I'm happy I found a discounted price. I'm looking (again) to see what I'm missing. There must be some way to make this work....
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 290 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  Fisher and Paykel Solo Columbiabill 29 3,950 03-15-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: Vako
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 530 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
Cool Comparisons to F&P Evora Mask SheShells23 9 366 03-05-2024, 03:19 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 703 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 402 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.