Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] MEDICARE ON THE PHILLIPS RECALL
RE: MEDICARE ON THE PHILLIPS RECALL
I would suggest that you start searching for another DME. Evidently, your current one doesn't have the sales volume to have any pull with Resmed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This DME has in a round about way said they don't want your business. Get your walking shoes on and walk yourself to another DME that does want your business.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fwiw, when I was starting out a couple of decades ago, the interweb was really in its infancy, so independent info was tough find. People really didn't have the great resources we have today to dispel the BS some of these guys try to spew.

My first DME insisted there was no option but to Rent a CPAP for $150/Mo or they'd sell it outright for $3,000+, and do me a favor by knocking off 10%. Stuff back then was hard to refute. However, I scrounged hard and eventually found that I could get the same Remstart Auto directly for a fraction of this cost, I think it was around $700 back then.

The next obstacle was my insurance at the time insisted I work with a DME. However, I went to my company HR folks and documented the numbers. We were self-insured, so they had the leverage to tell them to approve my purchase outside of the DME.

Had I not gone the extra mile, I would have wasted thousands of dollars just lining these jerkoff's pockets. The good news is, great sites like this help make it very easy to get unbiased answers to make it hard for these kinds of abuses, at least for those who take a minute or two to do a little research. Don't put up with this kind of BS.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,255 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 130 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,395 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 156 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] Phillips DreamStation Replacement & Medicare oneeyeopen 3 206 02-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Just given a Phillips Dreamstation 2 the same day Phillips agrees to stop selling Montacute 39 1,469 02-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 872 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.