Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] MOVE CLOCKS BACK 1 HOUR this weekend - DST 2012 ends Sunday 2 AM
MOVE CLOCKS BACK 1 HOUR this weekend - DST 2012 ends Sunday 2 AM
~ Public Service Announcement ~

Remember to Turn Your Clocks Back This Weekend TODAY!

Daylight Savings Time (DST 2012) is set to end this weekend. Yes, that means an extra hour of sleep my friends! Daylight Savings Time will end this weekend on November 4th, 2012 at 2:00am. Daylight Savings time began earlier this year on March 11th, 2012 at 2:00am. Since then we have enjoy longer days with sunlight. Daylights Savings time will end for anyone in the United States except Arizona and Hawaii. At 2:00am on Sunday morning you will move your clock back 1 hour in fall (“Spring forward, fall back”).

The end of Daylight Savings Time will bring much shorter days with sunlight. Prepare to wake up in the morning in the dark and get after work in the dark. And for the folks in the Northeast, the end of daylight savings time also comes hand in hand with harsh winters. Bring on the snow and cold weather!

Even though the end of Daylight Savings Time will bring joy to heavy sleepers out there, it does pose a few threats to some non observant folks or older computer systems. Anytime you switch a clock you can complicate timekeeping, and can disrupt meetings, travel, billing, recordkeeping, medical devices, heavy equipment, and sleep patterns. Software can often adjust computer clocks automatically, but this can be limited and error-prone.

A few years ago there were stories about an iPhone glitch that did no adjust to Daylight Savings Time. This caused the victim to miss out on a job interview and ultimately the job.

Be careful out there folks and make sure to mark it down on your calendars or write a note that the end of daylight savings time is this weekend and to turn your clocks back on Sunday November 4th, 2012 at 2:00am.

fair use from:
http://bostinno.com/2012/11/02/daylight-...5543_0__ss

note: this reminder thread will be deleted on Monday, Nov 5, 2012.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

RE: MOVE CLOCKS BACK 1 HOUR this weekend - DST 2012 ends Sunday 2 AM
Thanks for the reminder SuperSleeper,
Sam and I were just griping about setting the clocks back about an hour ago, (Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
And if you have a ResMed S9 machine and use software for reviewing your data, you may wish to reset your machine's clock if you want your graphs to reflect the correct start and stop times. If that's not important to you, then you can just leave the clock setting as is. I posted in an earlier thread the procedure for changing the clock settings for S9 machines here.
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
AND:

Change the batteries in your smoke alarms and CO2 alarms.

Twice a year, whether they need it or not.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(11-03-2012, 07:37 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: AND:

Change the batteries in your smoke alarms and CO2 alarms.

Twice a year, whether they need it or not.

I've been buying smoke alarms with 10 year batteries. When the battery quits, you replace the detectors. Smoke detectors need to be replaced every 7 to years anyway.

Don't forget to write the expiration date on smoke detectors.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
smoke alarms just car alarms ... can go off for no apparent reason
ours did ... have to replace both of them as they,re both connected
(11-03-2012, 08:08 PM)zonk Wrote: smoke alarms just car alarms ... can go off for no apparent reason
ours did ... have to replace both of them as they,re both connected

Off topic:

My house has eight smoke alarms, all connected so that if one goes off, all go off.

The connecting wire is disconnected on all of them. Why would I do that? Because the damn things are crap (Kidde brand, from Home Depot in the US). They go off if you look at them cross-eyed. I have replaced them to no avail. They are simply too sensitive. The cat sneezes downstairs in the middle of the night and I am rousted from my warm bed upstairs and have to stagger all over the house, the basement, the attic, and the garage with a ladder trying to figure out which one went off.

Does anyone make a QUALITY smoke alarm?
Our smoke alarm is a First Alert and the other is a Night Hawk.

Go to your local fire dept and ask their advice. They love it when folks ask!

I just spent 30 minutes arguing with the smoke one. Got the old battery out, got the new one in, then the light (like a flashlight) came on and wouldn't go out. Got the battery back out, got it back in, and the light went out. I took it to mean we did it right. No. Now the dang thing is in there beeping every half minute.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Thanks SS!!! Thanks
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
I have far too many clocks in my house. Took me 20 minutes to go around and reset everything. I just like clocks; don't know why. Might be the German in me, who knows... Germans sometimes are obsessed with time and schedules, etc. BigwinkToo-funny

Ah, oopss... just remembered I forgot to set my wristwatch... (trusty Timex) Oh-jeez
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 4,953 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Wake and can't get back to sleep hydra 11 514 02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 930 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 395 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Help figuring out why symptoms are back Jess2117 1 293 02-21-2024, 06:39 PM
Last Post: MikeR20
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 539 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Trouble Breathing, take off mask and put back on, then no trouble? mogulman 0 233 02-13-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: mogulman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.