Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed H5i broken
Resmed H5i broken
I was wondering if any of you have had issue with the hose connection on the back of the H5i ?  I've had 2 H5i units that have broken where you push on and twist the hose. The plastic piece that holds the hose on after twisted, breaks.  I think it's a bad design and hadn't purchased another. I've been without for over a year and I'm about to break down and buy another.  I'm not a gorilla, I've been pretty gentle with it. Especially the second one!  But was wondering if it was only my bad luck? Has this happened to any of you? Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed H5i broken
G'day Newbomb Turk, welcome to Apnea Board.

I've never heard of this happening before. Mine is over three years old and I've had no problems at all (still on the original hose). Was your humidifier made in Australia or Singapore (not that that should make any difference really)?
Post Reply Post Reply
A replacement Air Outlet Tube Coupler and Retainer Clip for H5i can be purchased from Supplier #1 for $9.95.  Repair is inexpensive, and really no reason to do without. You may have more luck if you wiggle the hose to the side to let it slide on and off, rather then twisting or pushing and pulling. The hose ends are flexible rubber, but when in full contact with the connector will have a lot of resistance and torque if you twist. Just lightly pull to the side to break the seal, and it should move easily.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The swap of the outlet with clip is an easy DIY.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey JM, does it sound like the O.P. has been replacing the whole humidifier for a broken outlet tube?  It did to me.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Perhaps we need to confirm which part has broken. The "Air Outlet Tube Coupler" (or "nozzle" for non-tech people) could certainly come off if the plastic retaining clip breaks. However the S9 system requires the heated hose to be pushed straight on then turned 90 degrees to lock in place. Removal likewise requires a 90 degrees twist then pull straight off.

I was under the impression the OP was referring to the black surround of the electrical contacts, which also acts as a retainer for the hose head when it's turned 90 degrees. It's conceivable that the surround could break in which case the contacts would fail and the hose could come off the nozzle. I've never heard of that happening, but I suppose it's possible.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-09-2017, 09:15 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Hey JM, does it sound like the O.P. has been replacing the whole humidifier for a broken outlet tube?  It did to me.

I took it that way on first read (the plastic "C" clip).  But after Paul's second post, I now think the OP is talking about the connector block.

Quote:...that have broken where you push on and twist the hose. The plastic piece that holds the hose on after twisted, breaks.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Newbomb Turk,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I haven't heard of this happening.
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and also with getting your machine problem straightened out, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dreamstation LCD Backlight Broken FatSleeper15 0 335 09-19-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: FatSleeper15
  Climateline heated hose - broken or bad connection Wondering2 0 955 12-09-2022, 01:37 PM
Last Post: Wondering2
  Resvent iBreeze glitching/broken? Frankensteins Bride 2 2,794 07-04-2022, 12:03 PM
Last Post: Frankensteins Bride
  Auto CPAP sensor rises to the highest range immediately. How to fix? What's broken? WWu777 16 1,921 12-17-2021, 12:44 PM
Last Post: WWu777
  N30 Headgear Strap Broken silversnore 2 1,070 12-07-2021, 01:44 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Question Broken Machine? ZZDave 3 612 11-07-2021, 02:04 PM
Last Post: ScottZZZ
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 10 broken on-off switch koshari 14 13,290 07-30-2021, 12:37 PM
Last Post: samhandwich

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.