Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lower AHI Without Climateline Hose
Lower AHI Without Climateline Hose
My husband started out in late November with a slimline hose and then we got a Climateline. A little over a week ago he decided to go back to the slimline because he felt he had more control over the humidity level and the slimline hose was a little more flexible. (We have not broken into the clinician's menu yet so all he was setting was the temp).
Perhaps it is a coincidence but he has now had four nights in one week with AHI under 1.0, with the max being 1.7. He had several other nights that low before but not that many.
I am thinking that maybe there was a small leak in the Climateline hose or the fitting of the hose to the machine, because, in addition to the lower AHI, the little whistle sound seems to have gone away as well. There is a slight whistle when he exhales now but it is hardly noticeable.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Lower AHI Without Climateline Hose
If I think there is a crack in my CPAP hose I hook it up to the machine, plug the other end and run my ear along the lenght of the hose
listening for the hissing sound.
Usually it's in spot where the cat bit it the night before, so out comes the silicone patching tape and it's almost good as new!

Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I will try that. As you can see, we do have cats.

(01-07-2013, 02:01 PM)Shastzi Wrote: If I think there is a crack in my CPAP hose I hook it up to the machine, plug the other end and run my ear along the lenght of the hose
Usually it's in spot where the cat bit it the night before, so out comes the silicone patching tape and it's almost good as new!

Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
The Climateline would not have made a difference in AHI but, like you said, a hole would have.

Have you looked at the data to see if the leak rate went down?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
The leak rate actually did not go down but it was very low to begin with. I think maybe he woke up more with the other hose for whatever reason (bulkier, whistled a little, maybe the humidity was too high or too low). His only events now seem to occur when he turns over (like when a cat jumps on the bed:grin::grin: or right before or after he wakes up and turns if off to go to the bathroom or something like that.

(01-07-2013, 02:59 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The Climateline would not have made a difference in AHI but, like you said, a hole would have.

Have you looked at the data to see if the leak rate went down?

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-07-2013, 02:01 PM)Shastzi Wrote: If I think there is a crack in my CPAP hose I hook it up to the machine, plug the other end and run my ear along the lenght of the hose

Smile

Hi, what exactly do you mean by 'silicone patching tape'?
My cat seems to have placed a few bites in my ClimateLine.

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
It's usually called "self-fusing" or "marine tape" or "rescue tape" as it is great for outdoor use. Just go to a DIY store or hardware store and look with the duct tape or electrical tape.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 325 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How can I lower my AHI? jstro84 26 2,476 01-13-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: jstro84
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 578 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.