Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] New mask technology on horizon - being tested by forum members
Arrow 
New mask technology on horizon - being tested by forum members
Some "'little birdies" from our forum are telling me that certain developers are working on new nasal masks for one of the big players in the CPAP game (not the Dutch one). They tell me that they are in the "testing of prototypes" phase, with some straight out of a 3D printer. Moreover they are taking on board a lot of feedback from CPAP users, (including some members of Apnea Board who wish to remain anonymous). They are including possible design changes to their most successful recent nasal pillow based upon the members' feedback with the idea of possibly incorporating the changes into their next version.

The masks have new cushion technology, new venting techniques and new straps, all which are significant improvements on previous models. The guess is that sometime in the new year these will come onto the market, maybe around June, maybe sooner.

These forum members wanted everyone to know about the developments in the CPAP mask arena, and to let everyone here know that yes, your ideas and observations here DO filter back to the manufacturers in various ways, and that there are active efforts to improve the technologies, not just to sell more masks and machines, but to seriously help people get a better night's sleep. There are exciting new developments in the offing; as soon as they hit the market, you will read about it right here.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New mask technology on horizon - being tested by forum members
Yea! Very exciting!
Banana
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish nasal masks would excite me. Being slack jawed like I am it makes nasal masks not a possibility for me. I am excited for others however.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
This is very exciting news.!
I look forward to hearing about the new masks.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
good news!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
So I should stop stockpiling my p10's. Because with the P11, Resistance will be even more futile!! :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm a nasal mask wearer. I would be happy to sample a new mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

(11-14-2015, 10:29 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote: Some "'little birdies" from our forum are telling me that certain developers are working on new nasal masks for one of the big players in the CPAP game (not the Dutch one). They tell me that they are in the "testing of prototypes" phase, with some straight out of a 3D printer. Moreover they are taking on board a lot of feedback from CPAP users, (including some members of Apnea Board who wish to remain anonymous). They are including possible design changes to their most successful recent nasal pillow based upon the members' feedback with the idea of possibly incorporating the changes into their next version.

The masks have new cushion technology, new venting techniques and new straps, all which are significant improvements on previous models. The guess is that sometime in the new year these will come onto the market, maybe around June, maybe sooner.

These forum members wanted everyone to know about the developments in the CPAP mask arena, and to let everyone here know that yes, your ideas and observations here DO filter back to the manufacturers in various ways, and that there are active efforts to improve the technologies, not just to sell more masks and machines, but to seriously help people get a better night's sleep. There are exciting new developments in the offing; as soon as they hit the market, you will read about it right here.

Coffee

Glad to see it! I have written here about my pursuit of technique for a custom printed mask taken from a 3-D scan but simply have to many things on my plate. I wrote to Les Karpas pointing out their device would not be of benefit to those needing a FFM and offered alternatives to no apparent effect. UM is doing this (I don't think this link violates guidelines) http://www.researchposters.com/Posters/C...5/H118.pdf so hopefully 3D masks will be available soon. There is the MakerBot 3D Photo Booth. All the tech is available just needed someone to pull it all together.
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
sorry about double scan photo and it's placement
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm rather surprised no one has developed a headstrap and/or mask design that includes attachment points for a chinstrap. It would be so easy to do I think. Right now I just safety pin a homemade chinstrao to the headstrap.

Maybe the new stuff will be out when I'm eligible for a replacement.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OSCAR Technology - Install & Data Aquisition Details EasySleep 3 115 03-18-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 268 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  [Mod Note] Attention Advisory Members - Vote Now Sleeprider 1 285 02-27-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 187 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Admin Note] Members-Only FILES SuperSleeper 13 399 02-16-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 676 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Admin Note] Rules addition - minimum age of members SuperSleeper 8 1,892 09-16-2023, 08:22 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.