Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[News] Oklahoma inmate electrocutes self with CPAP
RE: Oklahoma inmate electrocutes self with CPAP
I would think in the case of incest DNA collected would be a damning piece of evidence.
Unless the guards "took care of him"

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2013, 10:26 AM)Shastzi Wrote: I would think in the case of incest DNA collected would be a damning piece of evidence.
Unless the guards "took care of him"

Where do you think you're going to get this DNA? Do you know that there was a pregnancy? Or that DNA was collected after the alleged rape?

Once again, you're assuming that just because he was charged, he is guilty.

That's NOT the American way. Or I should say that wasn't the American way in the past.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-06-2013, 10:29 PM)archangle Wrote: That's NOT the American way. Or I should say that wasn't the American way in the past.

Warning: Your suspicious behavior has been reported to Homeland Security as part of the "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign. Failure to conform to the new "DHS Directive for a New Amerika" is a serious offense. Please report to the nearest DHS or FBI office within 48 hours for re-education. Failure to do so may risk a tactical drone strike upon your residence.

Bigwink

Grin
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
DNA is supposed to be collected after the rape offence by an attending, properly trained police woman (in this case)
Without that or at lease one good eyewitness to the event, it quickly deteriorates to "he said/she said" (no case to try)

Sad but true.

On the flip side, DNA has already exonerated quite a few cases so it works both ways.

Wink

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-07-2013, 11:02 AM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(05-06-2013, 10:29 PM)archangle Wrote: That's NOT the American way. Or I should say that wasn't the American way in the past.

Warning: Your suspicious behavior has been reported to Homeland Security as part of the "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign. Failure to conform to the new "DHS Directive for a New Amerika" is a serious offense. Please report to the nearest DHS or FBI office within 48 hours for re-education. Failure to do so may risk a tactical drone strike upon your residence.

We live in interesting times
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh goody! Can I apply for extra-re-indoctrination?
Smile

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2013, 03:18 PM)Shastzi Wrote: Oh goody! Can I apply for extra-re-indoctrination?
Smile

Shastzi, don't be greedy. You've already gone through 5 DHS re-edumacation sessions. I know you enjoy them, but it's taking away slots from those who really need to be re-educamated, plus the electro-shock therapy portion can be hazardous to your health when you go past 5 sessions.

Bigwink Too-funny
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I was in jury selection on a child abuse case once. They didn't give us the details, but it was clear the prosecutor didn't have much of a case. She was working really hard to manipulate the jury pool and get a bunch of jurors who would vote "guilty" just because there were accusations. The prosecutor just oozed sleaze.

It was pretty clear that the only accuser was the child in question, and her testimony was probably suspect. There have been quite a few cases where the ex-wife talks her little princess into saying or believing bad things about daddy. Plus cases where the prosecutor has "experts" who are skilled at manipulating kids into saying whatever the prosecutor wants to hear. And prosecutors who are only interested in getting a convictions, not in whether the accused was guilty.

Google "McMartin Preschool" case if you want to lose your faith in justice.

Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, the reality of the court system is pretty scary. That's why I'm all for the "jury nullification" concept. Many judges would have the jury believe that the judge is the final say on what the facts in a case are or specific instructions on what "evidence" to consider, etc... but that is utter B.S. The jurors have the ultimate final say in a trial, not the judge.

("Jury nullification is the sanctioned doctrine of trial proceedings wherein members of a jury disregard either the evidence presented or the instructions of the judge in order to reach a verdict based upon their own consciences. It espouses the concept that jurors should be the judges of both law and fact").

Google "citizens rule book" (a handbook for jurors) which explains the concept in more detail (free PDF download). It's a little book no potential juror should be without, IMHO, preferably read and studied well before jury duty.

I do remember the McMartin Preschool case - that was some frightening stuff.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-09-2013, 04:35 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(05-09-2013, 03:18 PM)Shastzi Wrote: Oh goody! Can I apply for extra-re-indoctrination?
Smile

Shastzi, don't be greedy. You've already gone through 5 DHS re-edumacation sessions. I know you enjoy them, but it's taking away slots from those who really need to be re-educamated, plus the electro-shock therapy portion can be hazardous to your health when you go past 5 sessions.

Bigwink Too-funny

Awwww?
You guys are no fun at all anymore.

Big Grin

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.