Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help needed explaining what is happening during this OA episode
Help needed explaining what is happening during this OA episode
So I had this one 15 minute long period last night where I am a bit confused as to what was happening with my BiPAP machine. Can someone please take a look at these pics and give me their 'read' on things? I guess I was expecting the machine to try and further increase pressure as the OA continued, but the graph looks flat.

Problem section
[Image: 1DPHTRf.jpg]

Full night
[Image: Wty8X6W.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help needed explaining what is happening during this OA episode
Hi, toine. Maybe someone else will be able to give you a link where the PR algorithm rules are laid out. I know that I've read that if you continue to have apneas like you did, that the algorithm will increase the pressure by 3 cm but no more (there are time periods and time limits involved in that.)

But, basically, the algorithm has rules about how fast and how much it will increase the pressure. It won't just keep increasing it until it reaches the max pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP Titration Help Needed dosertg07 2 190 04-09-2024, 11:45 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Chart help needed SteveC 4 214 04-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: SteveC
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 415 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help needed how to use cpap on a plane June11 3 205 04-02-2024, 11:09 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,723 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 194 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Help needed to understand chart SteveC 0 136 03-11-2024, 11:54 PM
Last Post: SteveC

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.